We are building the bank of the future and now we are looking for Software Developers to join our new development center in Barcelona. Zopa has now more than 300 people in London, 15 people in Barcelona and growing.
As a Software Engineer in Zopa you will build solutions that solve real-world problems, in a cross-functional team - small, agile and adaptable to whatever challenges come our way. Interaction with stakeholders and key business users is a way of life here. We're big believers in a lean philosophy and flexibility in implementation while aiming to achieve stack consistency and alignment across the board.
More specifically, you will build brand new micro-services in Java deployed through Kubernetes in Amazon AWS. Utilising Kafka and Kafka Streams, creating the scalable backbone that powers the growth of the company. On the front-end side, we are using React and React native to encourage code reuse and make sure we can give a great experience to both our Android and iOS users from the beginning - This is not your regular bank!
- Experience in one or more of Java, Scala, Python or C#. Basic understanding or keen-ness to learn the others
- Strong emphasis on unit testing (plus integration, end-to-end). We are a financial institution and a strong commitment to quality is essential
- Be happy to talk to key stakeholders on a daily basis and be able to understand and be interested in the business objectives of the company
- Product-focused engineers - you will be part of a team that is on the front line of our business and you will see the direct impact of your work
Nice to have
- You've worked on large scale distributed systems that have proven scalability and complex topologies
- Experience with Kafka and/or a streams-based platform (Samza, Storm)
- You have worked with microservices and message-based architectures in the past (and understand both the pros and cons)
- New Office in sunny Barcelona. We are right next to Sants station, a central area of Barcelona
- Free Fresh fruit + Fresh Orange Juice
- Great coffee and tea
- Friday Drinks
- E-Learning membership
- Company events & Zocial events
- Private Health Insurance
- Referral bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Help with relocation
- Working within an award-winning and culturally fantastic team