Agile Coach / Scrum Master
XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world. We work hands-on to solve real-world problems and make the working life of millions of people a better one everyday, creating digital products on a massively scaled platform.
We currently have an opening for an Agile Coach - Scrum Master at our office in Barcelona to be part of XING Events.
At XING Events located in Munich and Barcelona we are responsible for the events and communities part of the XING social network. Our goal is to create valuable experiences for our users by engaging with other users, either in an offline event or meeting, or in one of our many online communities.
For that we are offering products like the events market, the communities and also an online event ticketing solution. We are a XING subsidiary currently employing around 80 people. We are an innovative, modern and enthusiastic company and we always keep our vision "For people moments that matters" in mind.
As an Agile Coach / Scrum Master at XING you will:
- Act as the Scrum Master for 2 teams with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work and deliver results
- Facilitate each team's agile process from product discovery to release
- Co-create an environment where self-organization and high productivity emerge
- Closely collaborate with the Product Owners on aligning our agile processes with our quarterly product roadmaps
- Ensure cross-team coordination and reach out to the larger XING network for impediment removal
- Maintain relevant metrics and reporting that help the team and others see how they are doing
- Act as a project manager when necessary and take responsibility for managing issues and dependencies between teams or 3rd parties
- You have worked in the software business, and you have a good understanding of processes around the creation and maintenance of software
- You love to bring out the best in people and build high performing teams
- You are committed to a coaching style, and ideally have experience doing so
- You are a good facilitator who can make the best out of every meeting
- You have a strong sense of responsibility and you love to lead by example
- You are good at spotting and addressing conflicts
- You are empathetic, and it is no challenge for you to read between the lines
- You have very good communication and negotiation skills in English (written and spoken)
- You laugh at work. Daily. Multiple times
- You have professional experience in agile methodologies, preferably in a variety of situations
Nice to have
- Additional knowledge and experience of non-agile project management approaches is helpful as well
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow
- Regular team and offsite events
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment
- Option to work on whatever you like once per quarter during our XING-wide Hack Week
- Flexible working hours and some days of "work from home" to support your work-life balance
- Restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee and snacks
- Flexible compensation plan (health insur-ance/transport/nursery tickets)
- Spanish/German lessons
- A mobile device of your choice as well for private use
- You’ll also be provided with a high-end MacBook Pro
- A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona with a large terrace
- 30 days of holidays
- Large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users
- We're an Open Source contributor and we also organize public user groups and coding events, such as Ruby on Rails and other Tech Meetups. Check our engineering blog!