Senior iOS Developer
Olá Porto! We opened a new tech office in the beautiful Oporto last year and we are looking for great people to join our team!
We have job openings in many roles to complement our growing team. For all open positions, we look for skilled & dedicated people who share our passion for building products that millions of users love.
At XING you will find a technology-based environment in which your contributions matter and you are enabled to grow professionally. You’ll be part of an organization with almost 300 amazing developers and a healthy culture of learning from each other via pairing, communities of practice, joint hackweek projects etc. While most of our products focus on thGerman-speakingng regions, our development teams are collaborating from 6 offices across Europe and our working culture is international.
This is the challenge, if you are up for it:
- You won’t just be writing code all day, you’ll play an active part in shaping our product.
- You work in close collaboration with product management, QA and designers, in an Agile context.
- You will be part of the overall XING community of iOS developers, sharing best practices, knowledge, and code.
We are looking for someone:
- that likes to work in a team and that is dedicated to what he's doing
- that is constantly evolving with the technology trends, and willing to embrace change
- and that also is familiar with agile methodologies and which enjoys working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with other experts
- At least 4 years of experience
- Professional mobile and device programming experience
- API experience with HTTP, REST and JSON or even complimented by some back-end experience
- Proficient in Objective-C, as that is what we are migrating our code to
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Experience working with collaboration tools like Git, JIRA, Confluence, and Jenkins
- Fluent in English
Nice to have
- Having experience with unit testing and/or automated testing frameworks
- Knowledge about general software development patterns
- Proficient ideally also in Swift
- Ideally you already published a great app, contributed to an open source project, spoke at a conference and/or published articles
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you
- Innovation/hack weeks every few months where you can unleash your creativity and ideas
- Real training and conferences
- Health Insurance
- 25 days of vacation per year
- A multicultural environment with employees from all over the world
- Free fruit, drinks, snacks and much more
- English and German lessons
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…)
- Competitive salary
- We contribute into open source (https://github.com/xing) and let the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com) and organize public user groups and coding events