Olá Porto! We opened a new tech office in the beautiful Oporto last year and we are looking for great people to join our team!
We have job openings in many roles to complement our growing team. For all open positions, we look for skilled & dedicated people who share our passion for building products that millions of users love.
At XING you will find a technology-based environment in which your contributions matter and you are enabled to grow professionally. You’ll be part of an organization with almost 300 amazing developers and a healthy culture of learning from each other via pairing, communities of practice, joint hackweek projects etc. While most of our products focus on the German-speaking regions, our development teams are collaborating from 6 offices across Europe and our working culture is international.
This is the challenge, if you are up for it:
- You will design and develop sustainable, future-oriented solutions of our front-end stack in our agile development team.
- You will skilfully and cleverly apply suitable technologies. You work closely together with your teammates, software architects and many other stakeholders.
- You will take care of the browser and performance optimization and the usability optimization of the front-end.
- Your tasks include taking care of cross-browser compatibility, performance and usability optimization of the frontend for desktop and mobile devices.
- You will work in an awesome and professional cross-functional team within a mature and highly dynamic and agile environment. *
- You are passionate about functional programming;
- You are up to date with the latest front-end technologies, preferably using js, Angular.js, Redux, Node.js, ES2016+ and asynchronous programming concepts effectively in production;
- You are able to do blindfolded semantic HTML and modern CSS;
- You are familiar with the principles of performant, optimized and responsive mobile websites;
- You have a cross-functional mindset and are motivated to also dive into other domains like DevOps, testing, design, UX or backend development;
- Packaging (npm, yarn) and code versioning with git are not new for you;
- It is important for you to understand design concepts and translate them into a well-made front-end;
- You're into agile methodologies and enjoy working as a team player in a feedback appreciated environment that is focused on achieving their goals together;
- You are fluent in English.
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you
- Innovation/hack weeks every few months where you can unleash your creativity and ideas
- Real training and conferences
- Health Insurance
- 25 days of vacation per year
- A multicultural environment with employees from all over the world
- Free fruit, drinks, snacks and much more
- English and German lessons
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…)
- Competitive salary
- We contribute into open source (https://github.com/xing) and let the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com) and organize public user groups and coding events