Business Savvy Engineering Director
For our new Engineering Office in Porto, we are looking for a Business Savvy Engineering Director.
We already work with more than 200 highly skilled, deeply motivated and dedicated engineers and product developers throughout 5 locations in Europe – and we have discovered the same mindset in Porto! Apart from the terrific location, this is more than enough reason to expand our technology footprint here. We are looking for a natural, passionate leader to help us setup, grow and operate our new office as part of a small management team.
- Grow and lead a motivated staff of 14 (today) to up to 50 engineers at a fast but sustainable pace.
- Build the Porto office setup for growth – find a permanent location, create a sustainable, trustful environment where people flourish and products grow.
- Provide guidance in technology and agile software delivery, through your team leaders and as a role-model for your entire organization.
- Develop and expand the technology strategy for the Portuguese office and beyond.
- Communicate with all executive levels (VP Engineering, Business Unit Head, etc.) to ensure alignment between the technology and product departments.
- Manage and control engineering budget and costs to keep high-paced engineering operations at realistic levels.
- Network and grow XINGs technology presence in the Porto and Lisbon market.
- You’ve already led cross-functional teams; you have at least 3 years of experience in managing people in a software engineering environment.
- You have experience of running a small business and are ready to take the next step in your career with an international player.
- You have professional working background in software engineering, so you know what your staff faces in their daily lives and give high-level advice and stability.
- You’re excited about understanding and optimizing technology stacks.
- You can communicate openly and clearly in Portuguese and English.
- You are culturally open – XING employees come from more than 30 different countries that bring their collective experiences and culture to work every day. We value each and every person for who they are.
- You have a well-established network to engineers in Portugal, are eager to extend it and love mingling at tech-talks.
This block usually lists all the benefits of working in the location we are hiring for. It will be one of your jobs to help us define this section for Porto, to provide the right incentives and support for the market and to help us create a sustainable team that loves coming to work in the morning and inspires their colleagues and everyone around them.