Are you an enthusiastic back-end developer looking to build the next generation of mobility apps?
We build an app used daily by thousands of people, and we take great pride in our work. This means excellent development practices, careful code architecture, and an organization built around rapid releases. Work happens at our beautifully-designed downtown Hamburg office where you’ll work in our Product team consisting of engineers, UX designers, QA and product managers.
Within the team, backlog grooming, planning meetings, daily stand-ups, demos and retrospectives keep us agile, accountable and reliable. Continuous integration with automated testing allows us to run a weekly release train. Our beta release process gives us useful insight into user behaviour and heavy use of top-notch analytics, A/B testing and feature flagging allows for rapid iteration. With a strong focus on seamless user experiences, we balance building new features, refactoring code, and tweaking existing features based on analytics data.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Work with our CTO and with other engineers to design & architect new products & features for the Wunder Apps.
- Build out our back-end Elixir app in a data-driven environment.
- Develop, ship and maintain existing features by writing methodical, maintainable code.
- Work with our UI/UX experts to extend our existing mobile apps on iOS/Android and create new, compelling experiences and features.
- Help the company growth by creating tools to better engage with our users.
- 2+ years developing highly dynamic back-end for mobile applications.
- Solid software engineering skills in a scrum environment.
- Knowledge in Elixir apps and the ability to quickly pick up new technologies & skills.
- Good knowledge of PostgreSQL.
- Experience with scaling and performance optimization of large systems.
Nice to have
- Experience with AngularJS
- Some experience with real-time, location based systems
- Team Trips
- Free Breakfast
- Gym Pass
- Transportation Pass
- After-work Parties
- Team Events
- Free Language Courses