Back-end Engineer (m/f/d)
Since 2011, WorkGenius offers a unique marketplace for companies to hire qualified Freelancers around the world within seconds. Freelancers may work whenever they like, allowing them to focus on their main occupation while making a living on the side. Companies get access to a vast pool of talent on an on demand basis 24/7.
The diversity of Freelancers on the platform enables companies to get results from truly talented people in the respective field – fast and at competitive rates. Compensation is set by the company, similarly to any other marketplace. Freelancers from 63 different countries are currently registered and take on jobs without any application procedure.
To help accomplishing this, you will have the environment to execute on your vision, the tools you need to rapidly iterate through your ideas and a dedicated team to help make you and your work better. In addition to writing quality software, we're looking for individuals who also enjoy designing features, making good product decisions, programming at all levels of the stack and wearing of many hats.
What you would do:
- Build and produce new features
- Build integrations with other internal teams, including data scientists and engineers
- Performance and scale analysis
- Python is your second language and it would be a plus if you are familiar with the Falcon framework
- Working knowledge of API design from a consistent system perspective
- Experience with relational databases like PostgreSQL or others
- Familiar with AWS & Elasticsearch
- Understanding of general web architecture
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Experience developing, releasing and supporting backend code
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Modern offices in Hamburg's hip areas
- Many interesting and cross-disciplinary projects
- A budget to choose your own work environment
- A company built around great projects and engineering
- A team that wants to develop amazing products alongside you
- Pizza, Club Mate, Coca-Cola, Fruits or whatever else you like