Software Development Center Lisbon - SDC:LX
With empathy, transparency and a bit of magic, we build products beyond the scope of the traditional Volkswagen core business, in order to create a new digital ecosystem for the Volkswagen group's brands. Being a member of the Volkswagen Digital Solutions family, we build great digital products together.
At SDC:LX, we iterate quickly using lean and agile methodologies within a balanced team and end-customer focus. We believe and employ a low-hierarchy and equality-based culture.
You bring a clear understanding of user centric development and know how to identify who, what & when to build features for. You know how to break down work into the smallest valuable pieces and you know how user validated feedback is the greatest source of truth. You’re comfortable working with uncertainty and are a champion of the iterative nature of agile software development.
As an SDC:LX team member, you will follow the entire life cycle of a product - from the idea to the (further) development.
People who are not afraid to contribute with their expertise and are willing to work across the software engineering spectrum to deliver cloud-native services and products are the ones we are looking for. If change doesn’t scare you, and you want to be a part of this multicultural environment, we’d love you to apply!
- Collaborate with our partners from internal business units like Sales, Marketing and R&D to understand their vision of a promising product for the customer and then break it down into a backlog of user stories that can be implemented
- Sustainably implement our iterative, lean, agile and XP-based development process while focusing on the delivery of a minimum viable product (MVP) through early validation with our customers
- Innovate and iterate on lean and agile processes and share what works and what could be better
- 3+ years of Product Management experience - We are not looking for a project manager
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing product features
- Deep user empathy and strong user experience sensibilities
- You have fun in continuous learning
- Strong communication skills and the ability to teach others
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and business departments
- Fluent English speaker
- Flexibility to travel
Nice to have
- Experience working in an Agile environment and Lean methodology
- International experience
Agile environment where your ideas are valued
Continuous learning and opportunity to rotate into different products
Access to Udemy and book library
Free snacks and breakfast
Weekly lunch & sharing knowledge session
Discounts on VW group cars
Access to pension funds
Smartphone with voice/data plan
Health and life insurance
Pet friendly office