Senior Software Engineer in Test
At Typeform, we’re thinking about the future of data collection. Will it be about voice? Telepathy? Perhaps fax will make a comeback?
In any case, we’re doing what we’ve always done: putting people first. How? By helping them get data in a conversational way.
Now, we need a developer with a bug-busting instinct. We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test to lead our tooling team and raise the bar for quality across our product.
We all have our quirks and differences, but we're like a big group of passionate, humble and smart people, in a beautiful space full of plants and good conversation. We think it's kind of special, so we wanted to show you Typeform as the living, breathing company we are, rather than just a logo and a typeface. So sit back, and get to know us.
Here’s Toni, our QA Engineer:
“All QAs in Typeform’s team know how to automate. It feels great to belong to this give’n’get knowledge loop.”
You’ll create tools to help engineering teams develop, test, debug and get software out the door quickly.
Do you have strong technical skills? Do you love building and maintaining testing frameworks? Is Agile right up your alley? Do you like the beach? If so, come help us shape the future of Typeform and the industry.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Test you will:
- Help product teams solve problems by jumping on opportunities to improve how we do things
- Design and implement tools for our projects
- Push for the continuous improvement of testing practices with a focus on speed, quality, and innovation
- Work with our QA team to design metrics for quality and give us the tools to measure them
- Contribute to the QA vision. Share knowledge and best practices, and create the space for people to develop their craft
- Advocate for QA best practices and help others adopt them
Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.
- You have experience designing and implementing end-to-end quality initiatives. Done it in a microservice environment across a range of areas? Even better
- You’ve got strong technical skills and you know about good coding practices. You can apply these skills and coach others. We run tests in Cucumber, and we use Ruby, Go, and React in our services and APIs
- You have experience building and maintaining a testing framework
- You’ve co-developed CI/CD infrastructure strategies. Our stack includes Docker, Travis, and Jenkins
- You’ve got experience designing test plans. You can determine which tests should be automated
- You work well in an Agile environment
- You like people (it’s kind of a thing here)
Nice to have
- You know other programming languages
- You know about infrastructure, modern deployment, and CI strategies like Docker
- You are comfortable using the command line
- Great culture: we hire humble, creative, friendly and talented people
- International team: over 40 nationalities
- Make yourself at home: our office is designed for you. We’ll even buy you slippers to walk around in
- Flexible working hours: some of us are morning people, some of us are night owls. We focus on results, not what time you arrive
- Language courses: free Spanish & English lessons
- Private health insurance: as well as happy, we want you to be healthy
- Fuel for thought: healthy balanced lunch, fresh fruit, juices, and coffee. Oh, and our reception’s a bar - with beer
- Discounted gym access: access 200s of gyms around Barcelona for next to nothing
- Resource library and a learning & development structure: you’ll have everything you need to help you grow