Senior Front-end Developer
At Typeform, our vision is clear: make things a little more human. How? By helping makers and creators collect data in a conversational way. It’s more than building beautiful forms and surveys.
We all have our quirks and differences, but we're like a big group of passionate, humble and smart people, in a beautiful space full of plants and good conversation. We think it's kind of special, so we wanted to show you Typeform as the living, breathing company we are, rather than just a logo and a typeface. So sit back, and get to know us.
Now we’re looking for talented, passionate, and pragmatic Senior Front-end Engineers. You’ll join our team in Barcelona — we pride ourself on having a fun, challenging and diverse environment with 44 different nationalities represented.
Our current challenge is that we're moving from a monolith to a microservices architecture, and along the way rebuilding parts of the platform in React and Redux on the front-end, and Go and Node.js on the back-end. We're also working on some new and innovative concepts around conversational UI, and you will work closely with our designers to create great user experiences.
More specifically, as a Senior Front-end Developer at Typeform you will:
- Be involved in the end-to-end lifecycle of features, from concept to deployment to metrics
- Contribute to our technical discussions and architecture. We're still a young company so you can be involved in how things are built here
- Work in an autonomous, multi-functional team of developers, quality assurance engineers, designers, product owners and scrum masters
- Have good opportunities for career growth and continued learning. We have an annual learning budget for you to participate in conferences and courses, and there are opportunities for advancement in whatever path you’re interested in, be it technical or not
- Give back to the community - once a month you can use a workday to contribute to an open source project of your choice
- You value knowing someone delights in using a product you've built
- You write unit and integration tests, and understand quality is everyone's responsibility. Also, you've worked in an agile environment, and value continuous delivery
- As a senior engineer, you raise the skills and expertise of those around you. You show maturity in tradeoffs you make injudgements and decisions, and can reliably estimate and plan work
- You can communicate in a business scenario in English as it is our primary language at Typeform (we also provide language courses if you're not very confident)
Nice to have
- Ideally you have previously worked on a SaaS product
- Great culture: we hire humble, creative, friendly and talented people
- International team: over 40 nationalities
- Make yourself at home: our office is designed for you. We’ll even buy you slippers to walk around in
- Flexible working hours and Half-day Fridays: we focus on results, not what time you arrive or leave
- Language courses: free Spanish & English lessons
- 24 days of holiday: actually, it’s 23, but we throw in your birthday too
- Private health insurance: as well as happy, we want you to be healthy
- Top-notch equipment: you should have the best technology to help you be as productive as possible
- Fuel for thought: healthy balanced lunch, fresh fruit, juices, and coffee. Oh, and our reception’s a bar - with beer
- Discounted gym acess: access 100s of gyms around Barcelona for next to nothing
- Resource library and a learning & development structure: you’ll have everything you need to help you grow