Senior Back-end Developer
Typeform is making data collection more conversational. And we’re evolving like never before. But we’re still young, and you’ll get to shape the future of this company. Beyond that, the industry.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate Senior Back-end Developer to join our team of 44 different nationalities in Barcelona.
We all have our quirks and differences, but we're like a big group of passionate, humble and smart people, in a beautiful space full of plants and good conversation. We think it's kind of special, so we wanted to show you Typeform as the living, breathing company we are, rather than just a logo and a typeface. So sit back, and get to know us.
Here’s Marc, one of our Engineers:
“Our user base is growing fast, which brings new and interesting challenges every day. As a developer, you'll help future-proof our current architecture, and impact critical decisions going forward. You'll grow professionally, and help others do the same.”
You’ll be joining us in our transition from monolith to microservices architecture. As a high-growth organization, we need an architecture that scales in a big way - by at least 20x, to be exact.
Come help us scale, integrate Typeform with other platforms, and find the right solutions for the right problems. You’ll help us pick up the pace when it comes to delivering real value to our users.
More specifically, as a Senior Back-end Developer at Typeform you will:
- Get busy with the end-to-end lifecycle of features, from concept to deployment
- Contribute to technical and architectural decision-making
- Work in a motley crew of developers, quality assurance engineers, designers, product owners, and agile coaches
- Grow: use your annual learning budget to take courses and go to conferences. There’ll be plenty of other opportunities for advancement, such as mentoring, internal talks and workshops
- Grow others: use your experience to help colleagues achieve their goals
- Give back to the community: take one workday a month to contribute to an open source project of your choice
Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.
You’ve got experience working on a dynamic product that is ever changing and evolving rapidly
You take ownership and feel responsible for the product as a whole. You don’t mind getting your hands dirty and work with legacy code
You have educated teams around good coding practices and principles
You’re accomplished in your field and you’ve mastered a variety of technologies
You’ve got experience guiding a team through successful architectural and/or technical decisions
You’re comfortable picking up new stacks and choosing the right tool to get the job done. Even better, you’re comfortable with not just one but several technologies from our stack: Go, Ruby, Node.js and PHP
You can show us how you made an impact beyond a team or departmental level
You’ve got a testing mindset. Writing the right kind of test is a given for you
You understand that quality is down to everybody
You show maturity in tradeoffs, make sound decisions, and plan well
You speak English
You’re an empathetic person with a big appetite for success
- Great culture: we hire humble, creative, friendly and talented people
- International team: over 40 nationalities
- Make yourself at home: our office is designed for you. We’ll even buy you slippers to walk around in
- Flexible working hours and Half-day Fridays: we focus on results, not what time you arrive or leave
- Language courses: free Spanish & English lessons
- 24 days of holiday: actually, it’s 23, but we throw in your birthday too
- Private health insurance: as well as happy, we want you to be healthy
- Top-notch equipment: you should have the best technology to help you be as productive as possible
- Fuel for thought: healthy balanced lunch, fresh fruit, juices, and coffee. Oh, and our reception’s a bar - with beer
- Discounted gym acess: access 100s of gyms around Barcelona for next to nothing
- Resource library and a learning & development structure: you’ll have everything you need to help you grow