Principal Product Designer - Interaction
Are you passionate about digital applications? Do you empathize with users humans? Do you believe that design starts with defining the problem?
Typeform was founded when two designers spotted a problem and engaged their natural curiosity to solve it.
Now, we look to design the future of data collection. Will it be voice? More chatbots? The revival of fax? Whatever it is, we’ll stay true to our design culture and put people first.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a Principal Product Designer to tackle complex problems in a collaborative way.
Here’s Chris, our VP of design:
“We’re inspired by our customers and in turn inspiring them with conversational experiences. We’re building a design community at Typeform that’s taking on exciting challenges across the company.”
You’ll team up with other designers in a fast-paced, UX-focused startup. You’ll engage with cross-functional teams that include designers, devs, QA, engineers, data scientists, and product owners.
We all have our quirks and differences, but we're like a big group of passionate, humble and smart people, in a beautiful space full of plants and good conversation. We think it's kind of special, so we wanted to show you Typeform as the living, breathing company we are, rather than just a logo and a typeface. So sit back, and get to know us.
As a Principal Product Designer at Typeform you will:
- Work with design leadership to craft, refine, implement, and communicate design vision and strategy across the organization
- Spin yarns. Effectively communicate and evangelize design thinking throughout the organization with compelling storytelling
- Champion empathy for people who use Typeform. Let their needs guide us to the best solutions and inform the product roadmap
- Collaborate closely with product, business, data and engineering partners in an Agile environment. Deliver innovative design experiences to our customers at each stage of their journey
- Ensure the delivery of a consistent user experience across the product
- Take ownership of your work and responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way
Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.
- You have at least 10 years of design experience
- You’ve designed many consumer products using emerging technologies for web, mobile, and other devices
- You find and craft elegant but practical solutions to design challenges
- You have a broad range of skills with strengths in interaction or visual product design - we welcome either. On the interaction side your skills might include information architecture, journeys, flows, motion, prototyping, and systems-level thinking
- You champion user-centered design principles and methodologies
- You love mentoring designers
- You can grow design practices to deliver a unified product, from concept to implementation
- You’re energized by hands-on work: sketching concepts, defining flows, building prototypes or polishing final designs
- You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and make strategy come to life
- You’re constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback, user research, contextual interviews and competitive/analogous research
- You’re proactive, creative, adaptable, and collaborative. You love wrestling with problems (figuratively - no leotards here ‘till Halloween)
- You quickly create a range of engaging, elegant, easy-to-use, and technically-feasible ideas
- You can show us a portfolio showcasing an appetite for designs that push boundaries and take risks
- You have a degree in design or comparable on-the-job experience
- You’re fluent in English - we use it daily
- Great culture: we hire humble, creative, friendly and talented people
- International team: over 40 nationalities
- Make yourself at home: our office is designed for you. We’ll even buy you slippers to walk around in
- Flexible working hours: some of us are morning people, some of us are night owls. We focus on results, not what time you arrive
- Language courses: free Spanish & English lessons
- Private health insurance: as well as happy, we want you to be healthy
- Fuel for thought: healthy balanced lunch, fresh fruit, juices, and coffee. Oh, and our reception’s a bar - with beer
- Discounted gym access: access 200s of gyms around Barcelona for next to nothing
- Resource library and a learning & development structure: you’ll have everything you need to help you grow