ThoughtWorks is a software company and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients' toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change.
As a Principal Consultant, here’s what will do at ThoughtWorks:
Disrupt, Lead and Innovate.
Take the needs and challenges of a client and formulate the technical roadmap and technology solution that will support their business strategies and goals.
Provide Technical leadership across all areas of the enterprise, to ensure delivery of exceptional technical solutions
Formulate and articulate the technical and political implication of real world solutions
Orchestrate the management of technology scope and risks
Mentor on approach and execution of solutions, coach on technologies and establishing a team wide comprehension of solution capabilities and direction
Ensure technical expectations of deliverables are met
Drive ThoughtWorks’ Thought-Leadership on engineering and architectural practices and standards
Be an inspiration of innovation to the client
Become a trusted and valued partner of the client CIO/CTO and team
Exploit opportunities for networking and relationship building that arise out of delivery activities
Maintaining strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products
Code! We don’t subscribe to the “post-technical” ivory tower leadership style
Here’s the skills you will need to bring:
Expertise in multiple technologies (including Java, .Net, Ruby/Ruby on Rails/Scala/Clojure etc) across software engineering, security, data interchange, data management etc.
Experience as an architect or leading and inspiring software development teams
Solid understanding of the practical application of agile development methods and leading software development teams in an Agile/Lean/Continuous Delivery environment
Significant software development and infrastructure architecture experience in designing and architecting enterprise web applications
Understanding of the issues businesses face and experience working with them to create robust, scalable, elegant, flexible and relevant software solutions that truly transform industries
Experience working directly with senior IT groups in an advisory role
Experience working with CTO/COO to create technical strategies
Nice to have
- Ideally experience contributing to the professional community as a speaker, author or online contributor
- World-class healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Book allowance & Individual conference budgets
- Leadership Development Programs
- Choose-your-own sponsor to help guide your career choices
- 3 months paid sabbatical at 10 years
- We're tech, hardware, and platform agnostic. Get the software, equipment,
and peripherals you want.
- Healthy (and not-so) snacks and drinks in every office.
- Organize & deliver tech talks, Meet Ups, lightening talks, podcasts
- Organize your own interest groups. Start a book club, create a Keto diet support group.
- Public transportation ticket in your Home Office city