ThoughtWorks is a software company and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients' toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change.
As a Technical Lead at ThoughtWorks, here's what you will do:
- Work on large-scale, custom-designed, multi-tier, enterprise-level software development projects using languages such as Java, Ruby and/or .NET, Scala, Clojure, Mobile and Python (to name a few)
- Design innovative, evolutionary architectures
- Build, support and mentor effective delivery teams
- Writing code alongside your development team
- Champion software quality and engender technical vision and ensuring clients are satisfied
- Ensure there is a balance between technical innovation and what’s right for the client by considering appropriate technology choices and understanding the business vision
- Champion Cross Functional Requirements
- Champion agile best practices and Continuous Delivery
- Be an ambassador of ThoughtWorks and safeguard our reputation
- Build strong relationships with business people
- Learn something new everyday
- Facilitate problem solving and work with a team to make them reality.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
- Help to grow the next generation of technical leaders and have a positive impact on the industry
- Hands-on development and delivery experience with a broad mix of languages and technologies
- Experience with Java, Ruby and/or .NET, Scala, Clojure, Mobile and Python
- Passion for software engineering and craftsman-like coding prowess
- Experience with architectural design whilst leading and inspiring software development teams
- Have helped lead development on large, custom-built object-oriented applications
- Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge and enterprise integration
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches and best practices, such as Continuous Integration, TDD, BDD, Infrastructure as Code etc,
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience in communicating technical vision at a high and low level
- Ability to influence on a commercial and technical level
- Knowledge of software best practices like Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain Driven Design, Encapsulation etc
- Experience of working in a forward thinking, OSS-centric environment
- World-class healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Book allowance & Individual conference budgets
- Leadership Development Programs
- Choose-your-own sponsor to help guide your career choices
- 3 months paid sabbatical at 10 years
- We're tech, hardware, and platform agnostic. Get the software, equipment,
and peripherals you want.
- Healthy (and not-so) snacks and drinks in every office.
- Organize & deliver tech talks, Meet Ups, lightening talks, podcasts
- Organize your own interest groups. Start a book club, create a Keto diet support group.
- Public transportation ticket in your Home Office city