VISA support only possible within North America, South America & EU.
This Place is a digital studio in Shoreditch, London, Seattle and Tokyo. Our focus is UI/UX and how it can be used to improve digital experience on web, mobile, tablet and wearable devices. We are passionate about all things digital and enjoy working with a series of influential global brands. In addition to client projects, we also focus some of our time on applying our passion to new products and evolving technologies.
As our new Dev Team Lead you will be:
- Running a team of 6 developers that you can delegate to
- Actually still get involved hands-on programming
- Help architecting software, make decisions on how to build the product(s)
- Review pull requests
- Design processes and methods
- Mentor the team
We are building our own product, a design guideline platform/wiki, which you will be be running.
Besides that, we are building front-end and prototype (JS/CSS/HTML) code for our clients. That code then gets integrated into back-ends usually by our clients themselves or their partners. This is usually developed closely with our own designers.
- Comfortable with ownership of projects, opinionated about technology and make technical decisions
- Knowledge of UI/UX environment
- Knowledge in single page applications based on Angular
- Experience with server side and client-side APIs
- Work experience within an agile workflow
- Willingness to travel to our overseas offices
Nice to have
- Stack: AWS, Python/Django, Angular and Vanilla JS/CSS/HML
- Experience of software testing/TDD
- Some experience of backend development/integration
- Experience in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
- Experience in Hybris
- Hack Days on every last Friday of the Month
- Experimental innovation projects such as the MindRDR which we have open sourced
- Research in Blockchain technologies to explore the potential
- Company surprise holiday together once a year - all inclusive!
- Regularly attending (and wining!) hackathons as a team
- Outside-work events that we undertake together
- Access to the top of The Gherkin (you can even take friends with you!)
- Standing desks
- Monday team lunches & Friday beers
- Office Pug Percy
- Statutory pension