Full-Stack Django Developer
This is an opportunity for a developer with 3 or more years experience to join our core development team of 5 developers which specialises in design focused development. Your job will be to build online platforms, from the database, back end all the way to the front-end. Some jobs also require just front end coding or prototyping.
And above all, you need to be constantly hungry to learn and explore new technologies.
You’ll be working with senior and junior developers; so you should be comfortable discussing complex technical problems.
This Place has a lot of exciting projects and we place a high value on research and development, you’ll have the opportunity to experiment with new technologies and improve your own development skills working alongside the rest of the development team.
We will expect to see some examples of your experience, such as:
- Examples of some of your work
- Code samples
- GitHub activity
- Blog articles
- 3 years of experience
- Database programming (MySQL, Postgres)
- Experience working in a design and UI/UX environment
- A great attention to detail
- Experience creating responsive websites (across desktop, tablet and mobile)
- Experience of working within an agile workflow
- Passionate about and proud of the work you do
- CSS pre-processors, Bootstrap, Grunt
- Knowledge in creating, maintaining and documenting coherent server-side and client-side APIs
- Experience using and deploying web servers implementing standards compliant HTTP methods
Nice to have
- Experience of Hybris e-commerce
- Symfony (LAMP) framework experience
- Some experience of software testing/TDD
- Some experience of backend development/integration
- Pension and share options scheme
- We attend and win hackathons together - the most recent one was a blockchain hackathon
- We work on exciting experimental projects such as the MindRDR (http://mindrdr.thisplace.com/) which we have open sourced
- We go on two company surprise holidays together once a year - all inclusive!
- Many of our staff organise outside-work events that we undertake together
- Our staff has access to the top of The Gherkin (you can even take friends with you!)
- Friday beers
- Monday team lunches