The App Business is looking for a talented Test Engineer to help us build and evolve our testing strategy and test team across an exciting range of projects. We hire passionate, dedicated testers who love to explore and question every step of the software development lifecycle in an open environment.
Our ideal Test Engineer believes that testing is a collaborative activity, and gets involved with feature development from day one. They contribute to the quality, robustness and reliability of the products we create, and will have the confidence to say “we can’t ship that” if these things are compromised.
- Experience in questioning and championing from a Testing perspective,
- The ability to become a subject matter expert for a product,
- Excellent experience of Behavioural Development,
- Rigour in different testing techniques, test design and test strategies,
- Awareness of cross-device, compatibility issues and the challenges they pose to quality,
- Experience of working in an Agile team,
- The ability and drive to work outside of your comfort zone.
Nice to have
- Experience with a UI automation framework,
- Experience with API and Database testing,
- Exposure to and understanding of mobile network architecture and networking principles,
- Experience using build and version control tools such Gradle and GIT,
- Exposure to the larger Testing community,
- A university degree at 2:1 or above.
- Monthly company lunch
- Wrap-up Friday Drinks
- Weekly TAB teatime
- Breakfast, Fruit & Drinks
- Seasonal Parties
- Gym & Sports Grant
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health & Dental Care
- Flexible Pensions
- Life & Travel Insurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Season Ticket Loan
- Up to 30 days Holiday
- Extra Christmas Holiday
- Annual Technology Grant
- Subscriptions & Memberships