Our SumUp office in Cologne is now hiring for the position of Android Developer.
You’ll shape the core experience of merchants who are using the Android App on a daily basis.
In the first few weeks, you'll dive into the code and learn how to create clean, composable components in our codebase. You'll use this knowledge to start developing and refining features. You'll learn how we write tests, how we manage bluetooth communication, and how we keep performance tip-top.
In the first three months, you'll develop major features that impact our merchant base. You'll work closely with product and design departments to build features that are maintainable, usable, and beautiful. You'll help us re-think problems we've solved before in a different way as requirements evolve.
By the end of your first year, you'll have a wealth of knowledge about our complex problem domain, as well as its implications in the interface and in the backend – and how to manage it in a clean way. You'll have launched numerous features in the Android app as well as in the Android SDK.
We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. Our company vision is to become the first ever global card acceptance brand. Today tens of thousands of merchants accept card payments with SumUp in 31 countries including Germany, France, the UK and Brazil.
Headquartered in London, SumUp's major offices are in Berlin, Sofia and São Paulo.
We recently launched a brand new contactless device, which makes paying by card easier than ever before.
- You are comfortable with Java and the Android framework. You also know how to get things done on the command line.
- You are curious about Kotlin.
- You know what to test, why to test it, and how to write flexible tests that won't break.
- You care about user interaction, usability, and of course making the interface beautiful.
- You strive for clean code, but also know how to make your "shortcuts" easy to delete in a crunch.
- You love coding and take the time to reflect on all aspects of your implementation, be it the frameworks, languages or processes.
- You are not afraid to ask for help or to use Google when something is beyond your grasp.
- Your precise communication skills make working in a distributed team effective and efficient.
- Technology excites you and you strive to learn something on a daily basis!
- The Mobile Team: You'll be with people who care about mutual learning, keeping our technical knowledge up-to-date, and discussing ideas that not only contribute to the company's success, but keep everyone connected to the wider tech community.
- Opportunity to attend tech meetups and conferences with the team (especially if you're giving a talk!).
- Convenient location in the heart of Cologne.
- All the startup swag you expect: Xbox, unlimited coffee, and a shiny MacBook Pro.
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for sports, Karneval, and drinks.
Our global team comes from 30 different countries creating a fun, international environment
We are looking forward to meet our next teammate!