Junior Web Developer (Front-End)
Our challenge is to build, adapt, and create the biggest education search platform, bringing transparency and reliability to international education. We’re building a platform that is valuable to students and agile to the demands of international education. Our focus is therefore fully student/user-centred. We place all our energy on knowing what students want, allowing them to be the main architects of our portals.
To support Studyportals‘ global expansion we are significantly expanding our Engineering team. The team currently consists of Front- and Back-end Engineers, Dev-Ops as well UX Designers, split over multiple scrum teams.
You will work in a multidisciplinary scrum team of about five people, cooperating with our graphic designers, UX designers and our Marketing- and University Value teams in order to realize the best implementations possible. In order to measure our effectiveness, we are currently focusing very hard on our continuous deployment process. Adding value to our users with every iteration should be top of mind!
- The ability to write valid, semantically correct, HTML5 and CSS3.
- The ability to quickly visualize your ideas by using either graphical tools (such as Photoshop or Illustrator) or pen and paper prototypes.
- You believe in a mobile first, responsive approach to web development.
- Technologies like Sass, Vue.js (or other component based systems), Gulp and Node.js have already spiked your interest and, if you’re not using all of them already, you can’t wait to start using them.
- You are comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders as part of your day-to-day work.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, and excellent communication skills.
- Ambition, energetic and an entrepreneurial drive, you can work well independently but definitely also in a team and you are fun to work with.
Nice to have
- At least a Bachelor's degree, typically one combining aspects from Computer Science and Interaction Design and at least three full years of work experience as web developer.
- You can not only contribute to our vision and roadmap, but you also have experience in building and optimizing high-traffic websites.
- A fulltime position.
- 25 days paid leave.
- Competitive salary, including an excellent bonus scheme.
- An annual personal development budget, because personal growth is KEY!
- Interesting extras such as a laptop of your choice, hackdays, etc...
- An attractive collective insurance package with IAK, covering public and private insurances from healthcare and home insurance to car and liability insurances!
- Informal, entrepreneurial, and flexible atmosphere where self-initiative is highly appreciated. Apart from your contribution to the company, your personal development has high priority.
- A great company environment that is serious about having fun with everything we do, including frequent memorable team events, table tennis, slide, etc.
- The opportunity to make our world a little better and be at the core of the growth phase of a study choice giant that the European market is desperately waiting for.