Senior Shopify Developer & Designer
Who are we?
Soda, School of the Digital Age, is a destination for shopping new innovative technology products.
We are backed by LocalGlobe, Europe’s leading VC firm (the same investors in Asos, Farfetch, Net-a-porter, and Trouva) and our team have come from Apple, Index Ventures, and News International.
Our team is smart, hard-working individuals who work with a lot of responsibility in a fast-paced environment. The company is global as we have partnerships in the UK, Europe, and the US.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a Senior Shopify Expert/ front-end developer to lead our website re-development.
Whilst we are based in London, you'll have the opportunity to work remotely from anywhere in Europe.
The successful candidate will be developing the website, implementing a new design to improve user experience, with the aim to drive strong growth in online sales, the readership of our content and build our community. Our current website is built on Shopify (using one of their theme templates).
What you'll be doing?
- Develop the Soda website based on Shopify, ensuring we have both a functioning UK/ European site and a US/ Canada site
- Working with our Website Designers, Commercial and Content Teams to ensure the Soda website delivers strong user experience and overall brand aesthetic
- Working with our Data Specialists to ensure we capture the right data to enable us to make strategic decisions to drive online sales growth
- Acting as Soda’s in-house Shopify expert, advising/ answering questions on the platform
- Optimise the performance of the Soda website (SEO, loading times, etc.)
- Continue to build out Soda’s front-end roadmap
- Developing and testing new features and functionality on the Soda website in response to business needs and the desire to drive online sales growth
- Previous experience leading on web development projects and/ or working for startups
- 2+ years experience developing within Shopify platforms
- Knowledge of full stack tools beyond front-end web development
Fluent English speaker
Very happy to work remotely as Soda’s team are across the world
Strong communication skills, comfortable with testing and providing feedback
Enjoys the challenge of working within a fast-paced early stage team
Likes to have an impact on the future of the business, likes to have a say and comfortable voicing their opinion
Positive attitude, confident pushing themselves and developing new skills