Senior Product Designer
We are looking for Product Designers to join our Engineering Team in Helsinki to build a world-class product in an extremely fast-changing environment.
Interested in creating an extraordinary platform that the world's largest advertisers trust to automate and optimize their online marketing at scale? Join us at Smartly.io! As a badged Facebook Marketing Partner, we work closely with top online advertisers such as eBay, TechStyle, and Skyscanner. Our team of 180+ Smartlies is growing quickly and expanding across the globe. We now have offices in Helsinki, Berlin, New York, San Francisco, Buenos Aires, Sydney, Dubai and Singapore!
Our Product and Design team is responsible for crafting delightful experiences that make our users' lives easier. We're guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process which combines research, data, and design systems, which allow every developer in the Engineering Team to make design related decisions daily. Currently, we are missing Product Designers from our Top Gun (campaign automation) and Kino (video templating) developer teams. And yeah, our teams have weird names because we don't want to tie them indefinitely to a specific area ;)
Our tool is at the core of our customers' business—acquiring new customers and growing existing customers. The tool is used daily by the most talented marketing professionals in the world to create complex large scale marketing campaigns. Your role is to make these complex setups seem simple. You will work closely with customers and a specific developer team to build superb UX and deliver tangible value to our product. You’ll use a broad range of skills from product design, interaction design, and visual design to build amazing, and appealing user experiences.
Check what our CEO Kristo and Product Managers think about the importance of our UX: https://www.smartly.io/blog/why-an-efficient-user-experience-is-crucial-to-our-success
Have a look at our design principles and how we're building a design process at Smartly.io: https://www.smartly.io/blog/how-were-building-a-design-process-in-a-full-stack-team
Learn more about our company culture and how we work: https://www.smartly.io/culturehandbook
About the Job:
- Work with our customers to create the right solutions to well-defined problems.
- Be involved in every aspect of the iterative product development process from defining problems and goals to shipping a product together with developers.
- Be responsible for taking our product design to the next level and having a design systems mindset.
- Use your full range of interaction design, visual design, and rapid prototyping skills to produce sticky solutions.
- Be part of a full-stack engineering team and take ownership of design and user experience of a specific product area.
- Several years experience of web application design and interaction design.
- Experience leading product design process, including shown expertise in user research, wireframing and prototyping.
- Validated experience with enterprise workflows design for Social Media, CRM, CMS, Sales, Customer Service, Marketing and/or Ad Tech tools.
- A detailed portfolio of shipped SaaS products, not just websites, that showcases your interaction and visual design skills.
- An excellent self-starter who can deeply collaborate with developers and a proactive approach to reaching out to customers for concept validation and feedback.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Nice to have
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision but also act with speed to deliver the tangible pieces to realize it.
- Ability to articulate the rationale for design decisions to team members as well as clients.
- You're an ego-free person who can take and give clear feedback to colleagues and customers alike.
- Constantly thinking in terms of design systems and removing design bottlenecks.
- You understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and can communicate your ideas to our engineers.
- Work with the nicest and brightest teammates in a flat organization.
- Opportunity to travel to meet customers, Facebook and Smartlies at our offices around the world via our Developer Rotation program
- Competitive salary + option plans.
- Recharge yourself with full 5 weeks of paid annual leave.
- Healthcare insurance/service.
- Wellness and personal development (tools, events, etc.) reimbursement.
- Enjoy weekly breakfasts and quarterly dinners with the team.