Senior Data Scientist
At Smadex we build awesome mobile advertising technology for marketers around the World. Great technology then enables marketers to achieve their customer and financial goals.
We are the leader in the mobile advertising evolution, with a Real-Time Bidding (RTB) programmatic platform built on powerful machine learning technology.
If you want to enjoy beautiful Barcelona and be part of one of the best startups in the European scene, competing with Google and Facebook in their own advertising expertise, then this is the place for you!
To help us maintain our continued growth and our strong position in the industry, we are searching for an ambitious Senior Data Scientist to help us bring Machine Learning and predictive algorithms into production. If you’re seriously into data, then there’s no hottest topic in the market than what you will learn with us.
As a Senior Data Scientist at Smadex you will:
- Lead research projects whilst keeping business priorities in mind
- Design, implement, train, evaluate and optimize novel predictive algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning techniques
- Define and perform experiments leveraging relevant large-scale datasets to identify and tune viable proof-of-concept approaches
- Transfer and optimize proven approaches to run in the cloud
- Work both independently and in small focus teams throughout the full project lifecycle, from project inception to monitoring production
Around 3-5 years of relevant data or research experience and past coding experience
Strong English communication skills, both written and spoken
Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and within a team
Detail oriented, well organized and able to multitask in a result-oriented business environment
Nice to have
- Master degree in Math, Engineering or Data Analysis related is prefered
- You’re interested in learning and sharing knowledge with colleagues
- You’re a quick learner and self-reliant
- You’re familiar with AWS
- You’ve worked with big data frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, HBase, HDFS, Yarn, etc.
- You’ve worked with systems/tools such as Java, Scala, Python, R, Node.js, shell scripting or Jenkins
- Opportunity to be part of an agile startup with a strong focus on innovation and technology
- Flexible working hours
- Exceptional work environment with friendly peeps
- Continuous development of your knowledge about the industry. The kind of knowledge that Google and Facebook are constantly looking for!
- Opportunity to have a real impact in one of the hottest startups in Barcelona and Europe
- Company support to reach personal and professional growth. We’ll guide you in the right direction
- Fully stocked fridge with fruit, snacks, biscuits, beer and soft drinks
- Beautiful office space with a big terrace and Friday BBQs
- Team building events
- Opportunity to lead tech partners (Twitter, Google, AOL, etc.) in the digital marketing world