Sky is the world market leader in digital satellite broadcast technology with over 20 million Sky subscriber homes across the UK, Irish Republic, Germany and Italy.
Making bold decisions is a big part of our history at Sky – and with talented people like you on board, we’re confident it’s going to be a big part of our future. OTT delivers an exciting range of internet TV products that are revolutionizing the industry, with fresh ideas and the latest technologies. We’re once again transforming the way our customers view content by making Sky Movies, Entertainment and Sports available across a range of devices.
To build, execute and support all aspects of non-functional testing against our video platforms, mainly focused on performance. Working closely within a scrum (CI) environment the successful candidate will join the performance engineering team and oversee the set-up and management of large-scale testing programmes including a strong
focus on resilience and high availability.
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing all manner of performance and resilience tests in accordance with the standards of the OTT Reliability Engineering team.
Help drive the adoption of frameworks for Continuous Delivery, Resiliency and availability measurement, tracking of actions and the adoption of best practices targeting 100% resilience and 100% availability.
We are seeking highly skilled individuals in this field who relish a challenge and who are passionate about building world-class systems architectures and delivery mechanisms.
- Taking full ownership and performing performance and reliability tests against back-end and service layer implementations;
- Building and designing real world test scenarios that are integrated into the continuous delivery pipeline;
- Work with the business owner and developers to identify and ensure non-functional requirements are defined and are satisfied through testing;
- Working within an agile environment, working closely with the Architecture team, Developers, QAs, Analysts and Reliability Engineering Team to uphold excellent standards of quality;
- Producing NFT reports that are visible to all in the company for total transparency of testing effort;
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings, planning games, showcases, and retrospectives;
- Conducting tests to prove high availability systems (circuit breakers, kill switches);
- Liaising with other teams for end-to-end system testing;
- Design and document performance test strategies.
- Performance testing experience of web technology high transactional business critical systems, high availability back-end systems (backend focus);
- Proven ability to define, executes and/or co-ordinates non-functional tests for a complete system/platform;
- Strong knowledge of the data provisioning process for high volume tests;
- Hands-on experience in mapping the production volumetric/requirements to
performance test objectives;
- Strong analysis skills, ability to interpret results and identify bottlenecks,
- Good technical development skills (Java, Java Script, Sql, Python, C, etc);
- Exemplary communication and people skills, in a technical or non-technical context.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Gatling and/or JMeter;
- Networks, traffic routing, firewalls, etc;
- Resource management: connection pools, thread pools, heaps, etc.;
- Distributed message systems;
- DB performance mechanisms - Indexes, Table Partitions, Statistics, etc. (SQL Server/Oracle/MongoDB/Redis);
- Scala development experience.