In the UK & Ireland, Sky has been making entertainment better for over 27 years. We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 21 million customers across five countries and are now starting our operations in Portugal. Delivering Sky’s mix of TV that people love, pioneering technology, award-winning service and super-fast broadband is a genuine team effort. Across our business, whether in front of the camera or behind the scenes, we’re always looking for new ways to make things better for our customers.
We’re always looking to improve by developing pioneering products and services which give every one of our customers experiences they’ll love.
Join us as a Back-end Developer and you'll be part of a dynamic team that makes sure our technology delivers the best experience for our customers.
- Develop excellent quality software using agile techniques
- Design clean and reliable code
- Deliver highly scalable highly reliable products (yes, our customers expect
- Collaborate with other developers, sharing and receiving knowledge
- Promote best technology and software development practices into the team
with passion and enthusiasm
- Contribute to the whole development cycle, analysis, implementation, testing
- Operation excellence and support are part of the development teams
We seek , open to explore different programming languages and motivated to learn more. If you agree with the previous sentence, read the list below, and check how we do it!
- At least 3 years of experience
- Development in languages such as Java, Kotlin, C# or others
- API development, self-hosted or Application Server based
- Containerization technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Relational and NoSQL databases
- Continuous Integration/Deployment tools and processes
- Knowledge of automated testing tools such as Cucumber, Gatling, JMeter or
- Desire to innovate and investigate new technologies: Go, Ruby, Python, NodeJS,
- Ability to work well in a team, self-driven and eager to learn
- Creative thinking, analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Strong spoken English skills
- Lisbon based