Skimlinks is the world's leading content-to-commerce platform, helping publishers monetize their commerce-related content, and retailers & brands find people who want to buy their products.
Skimlinks helps publishers earn an incremental revenue stream by automating the process of earning through affiliate marketing. By aggregating 24,000 merchant affiliate programs from over 55 affiliate networks, 4.5 million websites are able to earn commissions and gain an understanding of the shopping behaviours of their audience. Clients include Conde Nast, Huffington Post, Business Insider, Buzzfeed and Refinery29.
Skimlinks then uses the data collected from this affiliate service to create the world's largest data co-op focused on shopping intent data. With data from 1 billion shoppers on the products they are reading about, clicking on, and buying, Skimlinks helps retailers and brands target and personalize based on these shopping behaviours. This means we have one of the world’s largest sets of AI training data around shopping intent, which attracts some of the greatest people to work at Skimlinks and build something truly great and impactful.
About the Role:
Skimlinks is growing really quickly and we are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our team in London.
Day-to-day you will be working on APIs that serve billions of requests per day and with Hadoop clusters running analytics on hundreds of terabytes of data. Our infrastructure is AWS and Google Cloud, spanning three regions with a focus on low latency and uptime. Our main technologies are Kubernetes, Nginx, Puppet, MySQL, Hadoop and all the usual AWS and GCP services.
This is great opportunity to join a dynamic company and provide solutions for new and exciting challenges.
- Working as part of a cross functional engineering team to deliver products of exceptional quality.
- Writing maintainable and extendable code to build and manage infrastructure and participate in code reviews.
- Oversee release of change to infrastructure and code release.
- Respond to alerts and troubleshoot issues.
- Communicate with technical and non-technical people to gather requirements and understand and resolve issues.
- Manage continuous integration services.
- Linux system administration (RH/CentOS preferable, all flavours considered though)
- Shell scripting - Python or Ruby (or similar)
- DevOps/Automation - deployment workflow
- Google Cloud or AWS experience
- Configuration management - Puppet preferable.
Nice to have
It would be a bonus if you have experience with:
- Big Data tools (Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- Database Administration - MySQL, Postgres
- IPSEC & Tunnelling
- OS Package building
- Share options
- Healthcare Insurance
- Gym contributions
- Training budget
- Pension contributions
- Paid volunteering time off