Junior Java Engineer (m/f/x)
Founded in 2014, with offices in Munich and London, we are a young financial technology startup with excellent funding by prominent VCs. Please visit our website www.scalable.capital for more information. We are constantly looking for the best candidates, so please look out for our job postings. Scalable Capital refers to Scalable Capital GmbH and the affiliated companies. If this online presence contains information regarding capital markets, financial instruments and/or other topics relevant for investments of assets, the exclusive purpose of this information is to give general guidance on the financial services provided by Scalable Capital Limited and Scalable Capital Vermögensverwaltung GmbH.
As Java Engineer, you will
- Work alongside a highly motivated team of software engineers and academics implementing change in the financial industry.
- Get to work on cutting edge technology and be part of modern software development practices (e.g. agile and self-sufficient teams, continuous integration and deployment, test automation, cloud-based infrastructure and tooling).
- Use your skills to full potential with our bleeding-edge technology stack based on Java 8, Spring Boot and Docker and a 100% cloud based environment.
- Create the next generation wealth management service.
- Translate challenges the business faces into technical solutions.
- Design and implement interfaces with major players in the financial industry to connect the Scalable Capital Robo with the world.
- A university degree in a relevant field of study (e.g. computer science, engineering, sciences, ...) or a comparable qualification.
- Exposure and/or interest in our tech stack: Java 8, Kotlin, GraphQL, JWT, Docker, Spring Boot, AWS.
- Strong analytical thinking, both in the technical and in the product domain.
- Excellent communication skills that are clear, concise, and targeted towards your audience - engineering, product, or other stakeholders.
- A passion for well architected, testable and documented code.
- Profound understanding of RESTful API Design.
- Experience with Scientific Computing is an advantage.
- Background in financial services a strong plus.
- Be part of one of the fastest-growing and most visible Fintech startups in Europe, creating an innovative service that has a substantial impact on the lives of our customers
- Work with an international and growing team with past careers at large (financial) institutions such as Goldman Sachs, Google, Westwing or BlackRock from different countries, cultures, and backgrounds
- Enjoy an office in a great location in the middle of Munich, one of Germany’s most attractive cities
- Learn and grow by joining our in-house knowledge sharing sessions and your individual Education Package
- Enjoy numerous startup perks like free fruit / vegetables, unlimited drinks, after-work beers, ping-pong and many more!
- Work productively with the latest hardware and tools
- Benefit from an attractive compensation package
- Learn about the german culture and join our free german language courses