Software Engineer (Back-end focus)
QMENTA is on a mission to help make brain diseases a thing of the past by using imaging to its full potential with computational analytics.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with strong technical design skills. You will be responsible for providing architectural and technical guidance to the team, interface with internal customer, and develop deliverables to improve our backend platform.
- System architecture design, implementation, and testing.
- Product development in Python, 80% on the back-end of the web platform, 20% frontend with React, and other libraries.
- Integrations between our product and 3rd party APIs.
- Work within an Agile environment striving for well-documented code, automated testing, and continuous integration/delivery.
- Being able to mentor/coach/train other colleagues as a domain expert.
Check out our product here:
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Experience in modern programming languages (python) and open-source technologies with multiple operating systems
- Experience building a scalable infrastructure for distributed computing
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker
- Development and maintenance of REST-based interfaces
- Knowledge of accessibility and security compliance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
Nice to have
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment
- Experience in Machine Learning
- Working alongside an interdisciplinary team of front-end, UX and back-end developers
- Outstanding communication skills
- Working in sunny Barcelona, walking distance from the city center
- Well-funded exciting growing company
- Start-up mindset
- Work with a multidisciplinary international and dynamic people
- Ticket restaurant and other possible perks