Senior Network Engineer
The experienced Senior Network Engineer will join the Technical Operations team and help define and deliver the future strategy and architecture for our local and wide area network services across the Photobox Group. This is an exciting opportunity to lead the Network Engineering discipline.
The Technical Operations team are responsible for the end to end health of our systems and services that are required to be available 24x7. You will have direct communication lines to solution architects, software engineers and site reliability engineers operating in an agile environment to help optimise availability, performance, security and cost.
- You will take full responsibility for the network strategy, architecture and standards across our physical offices, Data Centres & factories and to support and enable our growing investment and commitment to the AWS cloud platform.
- You will be responsible for the design, configuration and day to day support of our networks; this will include capacity planning for our routing and switching devices and our MPLS and Internet services.
- You will ensure we are able to transact through peak trading periods with pro-active monitoring of our network service health and ensure our networks are designed and delivered with proven high availability.
- You will work in partnership with our Group Security team to ensure that our network perimeter is secure, establishing and enforcing policies and defining and monitoring access.
- You will manage firewall administration in line with Group security policies; and analyse / troubleshoot security – related anomalies based on insight provided from security platform monitoring, network traffic and log file analysis.
- You will help deliver leading IPS/IDS solutions to help secure our information assets and you will support ongoing audit and compliance programmes including PCI and GDPR.
- Lead the design, build and operational management of a highly scalable, secure and available network infrastructure that enables the Photobox Group to operate 24x7
- Ensure that the Photobox Group networks are secure and can scale to support growth in transaction volumes during periods of peak business. Limit or eliminate exposure to single points of failure.
- Design and build networks with the highest levels of availability and security. Respond swiftly to new and emerging security threats and vulnerabilities
- Work tirelessly to reduce or remove bottlenecks and inefficiencies in the Photobox Group network topology
- This role is centred on the design and delivery of local and wide area networks required to support our mission critical platforms and applications for the company.
Nice to have
You are a great team player and a conscious innovator,
You are optimistic and able to drive projects forward, proactive and motivated to succeed,
Customers oriented, you take ownership of any challenge that will make their lives easier,
You have substantial and proven Cisco, Juniper and A10 experience,
You have depth knowledge of configuring and supporting a range of network devices and technologies including routers, switches, firewalls and load balancers,
You have experience in the use of CDN & WAF technologies from vendors such as Akamai,
You have a deep understanding of Layer2 security concepts (Cisco ISE, 802.1x, Arp Spoofing etc) and you are able to demonstrate a robust understanding of Cisco IPS/IDS solutions,
You already have AWS networking knowledge including the provision of AWS Direct Connect services,
You have a strong understanding of network standards and protocols in a Pan-European context
- Our office near Borough Market has a relaxed, social atmosphere. We’re currently gearing up to move to an incredible new space in Farringdon around Spring 2018. With loads of natural light, spaces to support our ways of working
- Regular socials activities, drinks, treats – and you can be involved as much as you’d like
- We’re open & honest, actively listening to employee feedback to help us in our goal to become an Awesome place to work
- All sorts of Learning & Development to support you throughout your career, including a dedicated budget per team.
- 25 days annual leave
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance that pays out x4 salary
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Interest free travel loan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Generous credit to spend on our products
- Kitchens stocked with free tea, coffee and fruit. Ping pong and football table