Senior Android Engineer
The European market-leader in photo-based products serving millions of customers a year
What you’ll do
- You will play an important role in our Android team, implementing new features, building moments of delight for users and beautiful user interfaces.
- You’ll collaborate with Product, UX, and the rest of the engineering team to help define and achieve clear goals that best serve our customers.
- Build upon an advanced Android app that utilises MVI, Rx, Kotlin and Clean Architecture.
- Be a part of, and contribute to, the wider Android Guild running across the Photobox Group of companies.
Who you are
- You have a passion for developing high quality Android apps with a real customer focus and know what it means to ship high quality code.
- You have a deep understanding of modern Android development and current industry best practices for building an Android app.
- Clean coding matters to you and you implement SOLID principles throughout your code.
- Experience with Kotlin is not a requirement, but Kotlin excites you.
- You are passionate about testing at all levels and champion TDD
- You are an advocate of pair programming and enjoy collaboration.
- You thrive in an autonomous, outcome-driven, customer-centric environment.
- You love learning and sharing your knowledge with others.
- You know how to mentor and grow the skills of junior developers.
- You like to work in a social and fun environment, and you celebrate success.
Nice to have
Bonus if you have:
- Commercial Kotlin, RxKotlin, MVI, Espresso and Clean Architecture experience.
- An open sourced project that you created or are contributing to.
- An awesome reputation on Stack Overflow!
- Experience with building custom UI controls.
What else do we offer
- Our office near Borough Market has a relaxed, social atmosphere. We’re currently gearing up to move to an incredible new space in Farringdon around Spring 2018. With loads of natural light, spaces to support our ways of working
- Regular socials activities, drinks, treats – and you can be involved as much as you’d like
- We’re open & honest, actively listening to employee feedback to help us in our goal to become an Awesome place to work
- All sorts of Learning & Development to support you throughout your career, including a dedicated budget per team.
- 25 days annual leave
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance that pays out x4 salary
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Interest free travel loan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Generous credit to spend on our products
- Kitchens stocked with free tea, coffee and fruit. Ping pong and football table.