What is the Role?
You will also have demonstrated the ability to put together delightful user experiences. You will be in a great environment to solve challenging technical problems and refine your skills as an engineer, learning from and passing knowledge to like-minded and talented colleagues.
What will I be doing?
- Working in a cross-geography delivery team utilising software development practices, such as; Scrum/Kanban, collaborative code ownership, unit testing, BDD, code reviews, GIT workflow, and continuous delivery.
What will I need to succeed?
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Experience with React, Component-based CSS Modules, functional design, Redux
- Experience with node task-runners, WebPack and front-end packaging tools
- Experience with test frameworks and tools, e.g. Jest, Enzyme, Mocha, Chai
- Passionate about regularly shipping high quality code through continuous deployment and feature flagging
- Passionate about sharing knowledge and using pairing as a way to spread that knowledge
- Experience working with an Agile process e.g. Scrum or Kanban
Nice to have
What else would be useful if I had it?
- Experience creating in-web photo editing tools and features
- Experience working with cross-geography team members
- Some experience with automation tools, such as Jenkins, Kubernetes and Kibana
- Some experience with high-volume e-commerce sites
- Some experience with GraphQL
- Some experience of CMS
- Some experience of test automation
- Some experience with Node.JS micro services and service oriented architecture
- Understanding of cloud based infrastructure (AWS)
What else do we offer
- Our office near Borough Market has a relaxed, social atmosphere. We’re currently gearing up to move to an incredible new space in Farringdon around Spring 2018. With loads of natural light, spaces to support our ways of working
- Regular socials activities, drinks, treats – and you can be involved as much as you’d like
- We’re open & honest, actively listening to employee feedback to help us in our goal to become an Awesome place to work
- All sorts of Learning & Development to support you throughout your career, including a dedicated budget per team.
- 25 days annual leave
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance that pays out x4 salary
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Interest free travel loan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Generous credit to spend on our products
- Kitchens stocked with free tea, coffee and fruit. Ping pong and football table