Software Engineer (Integration)
The Panalpina Group is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 70 countries, and employs around 16,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to hire a Software Engineer (Integration) for our Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Portugal.
In this position you will be responsible for variety of applications developed on latest version of the IBM Digital Integration Platform (IBM MQ, IIB, BPM, ODM, WSRR, BM). This challenging position requires combination of broad technical knowledge of the IBM platform and application solution architecture. Panalpina will provide necessary training on required technologies and applications. You will to take part in the application, from functionality design, development, integration to release packaging for the in-house developed customer system portfolio and other future add-ons. The role primarily interacts with the internal / external development peers, business analysts and quality assurance function from the same team as well as with other IT functions.
Contribute to the Customer Systems product definition
Support integration solutions by leveraging tools within the IBM suite: IIB, BPM, ODM, Datapower, and WSRR
Participate in architecture, design, and development of applications built on the IBM Integration platform
Understand the business and customer needs to introduce technical solutions
Provide support for escalated issues on the IBM SOA Suite
Mentor other engineers and groom them into SOA, BPM and ESB integration team
Work collaboratively with other teams
Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
Provides reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques
Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options of similar technology, offer suggestions to improve processes, and provide comments on design aspects
Responsible together with the development team members for the development planning, the progress and the quality of the delivery
Assist in deploying applications to QA, Production environments
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or another technical field
- Have 3+ years of experience in enterprise application development, middleware implementations or software engineering in a large enterprise environment using Java
- Be familiar with middleware technologies
- Have strong hands-on experience with Application Integration architecture, including Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Messaging Systems
- Have hands on Experience working with IIB, MQ, BPM, WSRR and ODM products
- Be an expert and have hands-on development experience in Java EE, JMS
- Know IIB and BPM Best Practices and Performance Tuning
- Have used common messaging systems: MQ, JMS, SI Bus, Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), IIB: Message flows, canonical message models (CMM), HADR, Performance tuning
- Good Experience in Web Services standards and technologies (e.g. XML, SOAP, WSDL, XSD, UDDI, REST, etc.)
- Know XML transformation technologies like XQuery, XSLT etc.
- Know or have some experience with DataPower XML Gateway’s such as XG45, XI50, XB62
- Goold level of English (spoken & written)