IT Services WMS consultant
The Panalpina Group is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 70 countries, and employs around 16,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to hire a Corporate WMS consultant for our Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Portugal.
In this role you are going to be a key member of the IT Service WMS team which supports the warehouse management system portfolio consisting of internal and external products.
- Red Prairie Discrete
- Other future add-ons that are externally purchased
- Being knowledgeable in organization and coordination of respective responsible colleagues for all WMS related infrastructural aspects (Citrix, DBMS, Hardware, Network etc.) to manage efficiently any issue reported in this area
- Obtain excellent product knowledge from the software providers and maximize the in-house know-how in order to leverage the IT value chain. The role is to maintain a positive and constructive relationship with the internal and external customers in order to achieve common aims and objectives
- Support the global organization with excellent product knowledge, implementation experience and IT insight. Particularly, it requires a strong focus on the 3 regional business solution teams and the corporate service and consulting function
- Assigning tasks to external TCS team for WIS
- Take decisions on how a support case has to be resolved
- Good understanding of project management
- Broad knowledge in logistics, mainly warehouse management, supply chain solutions and freight forwarding
- Good understanding of IT trends related to warehouse management systems & technologies
- Capability to distribute, assign, coordinate and control support tasks with external TCS team
- Logistics skills to fully understand warehouse management and processes
- IT system competencies for WMS systems in place
- Support processes, rules and guidelines
- Fluency in English