Global Application Support Engineer (Java)
The Panalpina Group is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated tailor-made end-to-end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 70 countries and employs around 16,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to hire a Global Application Support Engineer for our Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Lisbon to support and manage the corporate portfolio of IT business services and IT solutions supporting Panalpina business processes globally. These IT solutions are based on a variety of technologies and platforms, including Java, .NET, WebSphere, IIS, Mobile Applications and others.
• Support global IT business services delivery according to business expectations reflected in SLA, focusing on Incident, Service
• Requests, Problem, Change and Release Management processes
• Understand supported business processes, needs and priorities. Experience with Transportation and Logistic industries is an advantage
• Work collaboratively with other teams, participate in architecture, design, and development to ensure proper support once applications are productive
• Manage relationships with IT and business stakeholders and global IT teams and 3rd parties
• Contribute to IT systems architecture, design and security discussions
• Support the implementation of IT solutions and key components of overall IT architecture and security
• Maintain a Knowledge Base
- Higher Computer Science or Information Technology education
- Experience in providing IT business services and supporting IT business applications
- Good knowledge and understanding of Java/J2EE, PHP, .NET; knowledge of front-end stack (HTML, CSS, JS, AJAX, JQuery, other)
- Strong relational database (Informix DB2, MS SQL, etc.) knowledge
- Excellent command of English
Nice to have
- Client-side Frameworks
- Understanding and experience in development and support of mobile applications for iOS, Android
- Knowledge of IBM WebSphere application server
- ITIL foundation certification
- You will be part of our Corporate IT CoE in Lisbon (Saldanha) with international peers.
- International environment
- Up to 10% travel