Test Automation Engineer (ERP)
We are a family of 70+ geeks: Developers, Test Automation Engineers, Technical Writers, UX Designers and Product Managers. With over 20 nationalities all collaborating in one space, we share a start-up culture in an inspiring office in the heart of Barcelona, pursuing innovative ways of building highly scalable solutions.
We love clean code and follow SOLID principles. We implement Agile methodologies. We can proudly say that Scrum actually works here – code reviews, continuous integration, knowledge sharing, training the trainers, release retrospectives, components of gamification…you name it!
Not to forget our office language is English; your skills will get significantly better. What’s more, we love our people to succeed: many of our people have scaled up the ranks with us!
About the team
More specifically, we are the Procure-to-pay team. Our mission is to deliver easy-to-use, scalable, and performing solutions that unleash intelligent management of supply and flexible invoicing and payment capabilities that are vital to a company’s success. We’re the team that helps ensure your favorite gadget is always in stock when you go to buy it. Our solutions help to advance supply-chain collaboration and streamline internal and external business processes and transactions. Companies rely on our software for running their business; so, of course, quality is a must for us! Our uptime for last year was 99.98% and we want to keep it that way! A big part of our quality comes from test automation, and that’s where you come in!
What we are looking for
Oracle+NetSuite is looking for a talented test automation engineer to extend the ERP – Procure-to-Pay team in our engineering center in Barcelona. You will need to have experience in coding automated tests in Java and a solid understanding of SQL. An ideal candidate is someone who can focus on details but who also sees the larger picture; someone who sees complexity and can simplify it and organize it; someone who is willing to learn and teach new technologies and wants to stay on the leading edge of software development processes; and someone who strives to influence efficiency on behalf of their team and department.
What we’ll expect from you and help you achieve
- Team up with Product Management and Developers to brainstorm new features
- Design test case outlines and code automated tests
- Perform peer code reviews to optimize test code execution
- Investigate and reproduce problems reported by customers
- Analyze customer workflows to prevent issues in the wild
- Create and monitor SDLC metrics on behalf of the Scrum team
- Participate in Global Working Groups to research and deploy leading-edge test and development tools
- Create and run performance and scalability tests
You will fit perfectly if you share these values
- Open mind for discussion and team collaboration
- Pride in your work and a desire to delight the customer should motivate you to take initiative, take responsibility and take ownership of your projects
- Excellent communicator in both technical and non-technical contexts
Your qualifications & skills
- B.S. or Master’s in computer engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years’ software development experience
- 2+ years’ SQL database experience
- 2+ years’ experience with Java (C# or similar)
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Start-up culture backed by a strong enterprise
- Excellent central Barcelona city location
- English-speaking office
- International team (+27 nationalities)
- Strong professionals that will help to accelerate your growth
- Continuous career development: we actively encourage and celebrate internal promotions
- Learning culture: free access to online learning platform and in-house training sessions
- Actively involved in the tech community: we organize meetups, programming competitions and innovation initiatives
- Lunch & learns: present on your favorite topic and be treated to a free lunch!
- Lots of after-work activities: beach volleyball club, paddle league, skiing/snowboarding trips in winter
- Private health + life insurance
- Quarterly goals + yearly salary reviews
- 25 days of vacation
- Free coffee, beverages, fruit, snacks
- Ticket restaurant
- Referral program