We are a family of 70+ geeks: Developers, Test Automation Engineers, Technical Writers, UX Designers and Product Managers. With over 20 nationalities all collaborating in one space, we share a start-up culture in an inspiring office in the heart of Barcelona, pursuing innovative ways of building highly scalable solutions.
We love clean code and follow SOLID principles. We implement Agile methodologies. We can proudly say that Scrum actually works here – code reviews, continuous integration, knowledge sharing, training the trainers, release retrospectives, components of gamification…you name it! Not to forget our office language is English; your skills will get significantly better. What’s more, we love our people to succeed: many of our people have scaled up the ranks.
What are we up to?
Currently, we are looking for talented developers (mid seniors to tech lead) to found a new Platform Solutions Group in Barcelona. New folks will strengthen our ability to deliver even more complex business features in our area.
About the team
What you will do
You will be implementing solutions that include database schema, business logic as well as some presentation layer work. You will use existing methods and best practices to develop new techniques as appropriate to create features and platforms with the highest levels of security, reliability, efficiency, and scalability.
You will work closely with other development teams, product management, and QA to define and implement a new product on top of NetSuite platform.
You will fit perfectly if you share these values:
- Open mind for discussion and team collaboration
- Pride in your work and a desire to delight the customer should motivate you to take initiative, take responsibility and take ownership of your projects
- Excellent communicator in both technical and non-technical contexts
- Strong drive for excellent software design and clean code principles
Your qualification & skills
- B.S. or Master’s in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years’ software development experience
- 5+ years’ SQL database experience
- Great problem-solving skills and ability to abstract functional requirements
- Understanding of HTTP, Internet protocols, web browsers
- Knowledge of Design Patterns, Object Programming Paradigm and SOLID principles
- Very good communication skills in English are required
- Experience with managing and developing ERP systems is a great plus. If you have worked with taxes and financial reporting -- even better!
- Agile (Scrum, SCRUMBan, Kanban, …) experience
- Understanding of cloud-based distributed software applications
- Valid work permit for Spain
- Start-up culture backed by a strong enterprise
- Excellent central Barcelona city location
- English-speaking office
- International team (+27 nationalities)
- Strong professionals that will help to accelerate your growth
- Continuous career development: we actively encourage and celebrate internal promotions
- Learning culture: free access to online learning platform and in-house training sessions
- Actively involved in the tech community: we organize meetups, programming competitions and innovation initiatives
- Lunch & learns: present on your favorite topic and be treated to a free lunch!
- Lots of after-work activities: beach volleyball club, paddle league, skiing/snowboarding trips in winter
- Private health + life insurance
- Quarterly goals + yearly salary reviews
- 25 days of vacation
- Free coffee, beverages, fruit, snacks
- Ticket restaurant
- Referral program