Onfido’s purpose is to make it easier for people to prove their legal identities online. We verify your government ID and compare it against your facial biometrics, so you can easily access the services you want and need.
Onfido was founded in 2012. Our first aim was to make Onfido the best place to work – a place where our team looks forward to coming every day. Our second was to use technology to make a difference on a global scale.
Traditionally, to make a trusted transaction with someone, you’d need to meet them face-to-face. But with the advent of the internet, we can now transact online with anyone, anywhere in the world. Face-to-face transactions aren’t scalable, but the anonymity of the digital age isn’t secure. Onfido exists to solve that tension.
We're now moving to a new age in which your legal identity is the new currency. It's the key to unlocking access to all the services that you want and need- from banking and car sharing right through to healthcare and voting. And Onfido sits at the heart of that. By using machine learning, we don't need to compromise on scale or security - we can verify the world's identities whilst providing the security of a local village.
We’re looking for talented software engineers to join our team and help us continue to build the future of online trust. You'll join a group of smart, friendly and ambitious engineers and researchers who take pride in software we ship and hold ourselves to high standards in an industry where privacy, security and reliability are crucial.
Some of the projects we’re working on:
- Developing and industrializing machine learning and computer vision techniques to rapidly identify physical and digital forgeries
- Building developer-friendly, multi-platform APIs and SDKs to easily integrate ID verification into customer products
- Building tools to combine AI-driven verification with expert human insight at high scale
- Using pattern recognition and 3D imaging (among others!) to prevent identity spoofing
- Rich web dashboards to help customers understand their user base and fraud exposure
At Onfido, we deeply value trust and ownership. Our engineers, product managers and designers work together closely to solve a challenging problem - identity in an online world - and build products that are polished and impactful.
Our technology stack:
We’ve pretty flexible about technology and like to pick the right tool for the job:
- We build services in Ruby, Elixir and Python
- We do our ML/CV work with Python and Tensorflow (and a little bit of C!)
- Our services run on Kubernetes and AWS
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our blog.
- Hands on experience as a Security Engineer/Security Consultant
- Experienced with security assessments and penetration tests of traditional as well as cloud based / fully virtualized infrastructures and web based services (HTTP/S + Websockets)
- Experienced with secure coding practices and secure development processes
- Familiarity with designing and securing cloud environments; preferably in AWS
- Familiarity with securing containerized environments
Values and behaviours
- Succeed Together - Share skills, ideas and honest feedback. Be excellent to each other.
- Take Pride - Deliver world-class quality and be an ambassador.
- Learn Things, Share Them - Seek out knowledge. Then, take what you learn and teach it to others.
- Find a Better Way - Fix what's broken and make what works even better.
- Create Customer Buzz - Craft an experience that customers rave about.
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
Nice to have
- Good working knowledge of the tools in our dev stack, including Linux, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Redis, Jenkins and Git.
- Experience with containerization and related security aspects
- Experience with security and compliance standards like ISO 27001, PCI-DSS and security best practices like OWASP and CIS Benchmarks
- We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- Health Cash Plan subsiding medical expenses (e.g. dental, optical, doctors plus many others)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to €65 per month)
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Snacks, juices and fresh fruit every day
- Monthly company dinners
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Open and transparent culture - we meet for a Friday afternoon forum (OnFriday) to engage peers informally over drinks.