Onfido’s purpose is to make it easier for people to prove their legal identities online. We verify your government ID and compare it against your facial biometrics, so you can easily access the services you want and need.
Onfido was founded in 2012. Our first aim was to make Onfido the best place to work – a place where our team looks forward to coming every day. Our second was to use technology to make a difference on a global scale.
Traditionally, to make a trusted transaction with someone, you’d need to meet them face-to-face. But with the advent of the internet, we can now transact online with anyone, anywhere in the world. Face-to-face transactions aren’t scalable, but the anonymity of the digital age isn’t secure. Onfido exists to solve that tension.
We're now moving to a new age in which your legal identity is the new currency. It's the key to unlocking access to all the services that you want and need- from banking and car sharing right through to healthcare and voting. And Onfido sits at the heart of that. By using machine learning, we don't need to compromise on scale or security - we can verify the world's identities whilst providing the security of a local village.
We’re looking for an experienced Mobile Engineer to help us design and build our groundbreaking identity verification platform. You'll join a talented and friendly engineering team who pride themselves on delivering great code in an industry where privacy, security and reliability are crucial. We are an agile team that regularly release code into production. It's a critical time at Onfido as we aim to scale and evolve our product without sacrificing robustness and quality.
You’ll help us
- Work on important new features of our industry-leading document and identity verification;
- Design and implement seamless and elegant mobile components;
- Ship an innovative solution for our worldwide clients and see it being used by thousands of users;
- Share your knowledge and experience to help us keep growing London’s best engineering team.
We aim to stay flexible and agile while delivering code in an industry where privacy and security are crucial.
We have built services with Ruby, Python, Node, and together also with PostgreSQL, Redis and RabbitMQ. We’re not dogmatic about technology: we try to make sure we’re choosing tools that are the best fit for the problems we’re solving.
Our mobile stack has to be close to the metal, since an SDK has to be powerful yet lean. Even with these constraints our mobile stack is able to include Kotlin, RxJava, Swift, OpenCV, Dagger and Swinject.
Our ongoing challenge is to make it easier for our customers to integrate our solution into their existing workflows, so they can provide their users with a seamless, streamlined and efficient authentication and verification process.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Significant Mobile experience having contributed towards the development of a variety of different applications
- Can provide some great examples of Mobile applications you've helped deliver
- Can navigate complex challenges and you are capable of solving interaction problems
- Ability to interface with end clients to understand technical barriers for further iteration and implementation
- Have a strong understanding of the Android or iOS SDK and are comfortable writing code to be used by someone else;
- Believe that good code must be well-tested, clean, readable and easily maintainable;
- Understand engineering principles and use data and metrics where appropriate to guide development and ongoing improvement.
- Are both passionate and practical: you know when to balance idealism and pragmatism.
Values and behaviours:
- Succeed Together - Share skills, ideas and honest feedback. Be excellent to each other.
- Take Pride - Deliver world-class quality and be an ambassador.
- Learn Things, Share Them - Seek out knowledge. Then, take what you learn and teach it to others.
- Find a Better Way - Fix what's broken and make what works even better.
- Create Customer Buzz - Craft an experience that customers rave about.
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- Health Cash Plan subsiding medical expenses (e.g. dental, optical, doctors plus many others)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to €65 per month)
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Monthly company dinners
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Open and transparent culture - we meet for a Friday afternoon forum (OnFriday) to engage peers informally over drinks.