Java Development Support
Who are we?
Nuxeo develops one of the most scalable digital asset management platform in the world that can tackle even the most complex content services requirements.
And we are challenging curious and skilled engineers to come and develop with us.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Java Developer that would really like help our customers.
At Nuxeo, our Support Engineers are premium collaborators, with a senior profile in Java, ability to focus on front-end issues and a flexible approach to back-end challenges.
The usual workload of a Support Engineer will include providing assistance to the client's technical teams, while they build and work with the Nuxeo Platform. Tickets will come through Jira and you will need patience to listen to client needs. Then you will use your communication skills to pass client feedback internally for further investigation.
What are the responsibilities:
- Offer support in configuring and customizing the Nuxeo platform
- Be the technical contact for the customer's development team regarding Nuxeo Platform issues
- Audit and debug source code
- Support customization and offer recommendations
- Liaise with the Customer Success Team
- Provide valuable feedback to the platform and architecture team for improving the product
What is the basic toolkit:
- Java for the server side: OSGi like framework with extension points and service patterns
- Redis, Elasticsearch
- Maven, Ansible
- Custom test runner
- NoSQL / MongoDB
- Strong experience in Java
- Demonstrable skills in the toolkit
- At least 2 years of experience in Support
- Ability to take initiative and responsibility - we're a growing company, so everyone pitches in!
- Customer facing experience
- Excellent communication skills in English and Portuguese
- Committed attitude to work and team
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies and openness to work holistically
Nice to have
- Programming skills
- Ability to function with a certain degree of creative chaos – that actually comes from everyone pitching in, in the first place ;)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Healthy & Balanced Lifestyle Culture
- Professional Development Plan
- Yearly bonus
- Health Insurance for team members and their families
- Office snack and breakfast bar
- The opportunity to work with extremely talented & dedicated people – an inspiration for those days when work gets tough!