Full-stack Java Software Engineer

NUXEO
Digital is the future of business. Stay ahead.

Job details

  • Full-time
  • map markerLisbon, PT
  • cardRequires Work Permit
    Requires that you're a citizen or have a valid work permit / visa sponsorship to work in the country in which this position is based.
  • routeIntermediate
  • routeRequired language: Portuguese
  • routeNice to have language: English

Apply now

Sign up to apply

Or sign up to refer and earn a reward of €300

Intro

Nuxeo provides an open-source content management platform for architects and developers, using the latest technologies and working with agile methodologies.

We are focused on creating an extensible platform for our customers, allowing them to build applications to organise, search and transform their data according to their business needs, making us leaders and visionaries in our sector. 

People are our secret weapon, and that is why Nuxeo is an award-winning place to work.

The job:

As a software engineer for the Engineering team, you will work across all aspects of the Nuxeo Platform including the Java backend (80%), the REST API, the frontend (20%) and its associated products. This includes participating in the global effort on continuous integration and delivery of the Nuxeo Platform to the cloud (CI/CD). 

A lot of technologies are at stake and the expected technical level is ambitious.


Note that we only offer permanent contracts (no funny stuff like never-ending internships or "recibos verdes"). Also, although we sponsor work flexibility and have a WFH program, the role is mainly office based. And trust us: - after working in our offices you will never want to leave!


Our technical stack:

  • Backend: Java, Maven, Sonar, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Kafka
  • Frontend: JavaScript (ES6), Polymer 3, CSS3, npm, webpack
  • CI/CD: Jenkins X, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, GCP


A typical week:

  • You will work as part of our Engineering team of 30 developers who love what they do
  • The team is divided into sub-teams that work with agile methodologies, and we are based in France, Portugal, UK, and in the US
  • You will brainstorm with Software Architects, Product Managers and Designers to specify new features for the Nuxeo Platform
  • You will also collaborate with several other teams to build, test and deliver these features
  • You will help our Support team fix bugs and make customers happy. This is important as we sell support and maintenance
  • You will learn about new technologies and think about potential solutions to problems
  • You will mentor other engineers and review code

Main requirements

  • You love coding!
  • +3 years of relevant experience in software development
  • A quick learner, team player and adaptable to new technologies
  • Someone who cares about doing things the right way 
  • Critical and solutions- oriented thinker
  • Ability to write understandable and testable code keeping in mind maintainability
  • Experience with different programming languages
  • A grounded person, who can communicate about what is doing
  • Fluent in English


Nice to have

  • You know the latest features of Java >= 11 inside and out
  • You have experience with designing a REST API
  • You are comfortable with ES6 and curious about ES7+
  • You have heard about MongoDB, ElasticSearch or Kafka
  • You have heard about React Native
  • You know about continuous integration tools such as Jenkins and its pipeline plugin

Perks

We reward engagement and integrity by providing you access to professional development, a growing technical digital library, inter-office work traveling, multinational collaborations, office snacks, team building events and a welcoming work location.

Apply now

Sign up to apply

Or sign up to refer and earn a reward of €300