Software Engineer in Test
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We redesigned the banking experience to be simple, fast and contemporary. Founded in 2013 by Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal, N26 has more than 300 employees and more than 500.000 customers in 17 countries. N26 has raised more than $55 million from investors including Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Battery Ventures and Valar Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, Earlybird Venture Capital and Redalpine Ventures.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work with our developers and encourage them to design and implement tests in a meaningful way by providing them with the right ideas, frameworks, and infrastructure. Our development teams iterate rapidly, deploy code many times during the day and stay confident that test infrastructure will provide quick feedback on issues introduced. In this role, you will be part of backend development teams that create and maintain our backend API.
- You work closely with our Developers, Test Engineers and DevOps to improve and automate test and deployment processes.
- Design and build advanced automated checking frameworks.
- You ensure we create products our customers love by testing them in the most meaningful way.
- Contribute to our product quality by setting examples of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- You are responsible to achieve a continuous deployment and integration of high-quality software for our Back-end infrastructure (mostly Java).
- Work together with product and tech stakeholders
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- You are known to find bugs, are communicative and passionate about great products
- You have advanced knowledge and experience in Java development and frameworks around.
- Knowledge of Spring, Hibernate, containerization, SQL and security methodologies is a big plus
- You are familiar with contract-based testing, API automated checking, etc.
- You are passionate about test infrastructure and CI/CD
- Analytical and creative approach and a quick comprehension of new tasks, quality consciousness, persistence and accuracy
- Demonstrated capability and motivation to thrive in a fast- paced, demanding start-up environment
- You are fluent in English
- You will be part of an international backend team (working in English) defining and building the core of the company.
- High degree of autonomy
- Your choice of a new Mac or Windows laptop
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Newly designed office in Berlin-Mitte
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Probably the best cup of coffee in the neighbourhood