Senior Java Developer
mytaxi encourages a strong team spirit and simple company culture. Our teams organise themselves in established agile working environments. People at mytaxi work flexibly and independently. Every single employee is a part of our success story and so, open communication and a fair feedback culture come naturally to us.
We are passionate problem-solvers who listen and understand before we act. By working together – with each other, customers, drivers and cities - we make things better. Besides a lot of fun and potential to make a real difference, you will have the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!
As of now we are looking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced Java Developer for our new development hub in Barcelona. You will work in an agile and interdisciplinary team, closely and remotely together with our product department in Hamburg and make a contribution to the development of our main products.
JobOffer jobOffer = new JobOffer(); Job job = Job.builder() .setProducts( IN_HOUSE_APPS, BUSINESS_INTELLIGENCE, MOBILE_APPS) .setProductType(SCALABLE_HIGH_AVAILABILITY_SYSTEM) .setDevelopmentStyle(AGILE_SCRUM) .setTeamAttributes( MOTIVATED, INNOVATIVE, WILLINGNESS_TO_TRAVEL, FLAT_HIERARCHIES, INTERDISCIPLINARY) .build(); jobOffer.addJob(job); Candidate candidate = Candidate.builder() .hasDegreeInComputerSciencesOrSimilar(true) .add(Skill.JAVA.experience(SEVERAL_YEARS)) .add(Skill.SOFTWARE_DESIGN.experience(SEVERAL_YEARS)) .add(Skill.REST) .add(Skill.MICRO_SERVICES) .add(Skill.SCRUM) .add(Skill.DEV_OPS) .setLanguages(Locale.ENGLISH, Locale.SPANISH) .build(); new Application(candidate).submit();
- Degree in Computer Science or a similar background
- More than 6 years of experience in similar roles
- Very good knowledge of Java
- Good knowledge in microservices
- DevOps experience
- Good knowledge in software design
- Passion for good software
- Fluent proficiency in English
- Willingness to travel
- Great learning and development opportunities through internal and external workshops
- Free language courses
- Monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides
- Healthcare and dental insurance package
- Working with agile methodologies following Spotify's engineering culture
- Be part of motivated and innovative team with flat hierarchies
- Have your birthday off!
- Flexible working hours
- 4 Team events per year
- 1 Team week per year
- All the usual start-up goodies like fruit, unlimited soft drinks, after-work beers