Software Development Engineer - Data
mycujoo was founded in August 2014 and is the first project developed under Empower Sports AG, a company created to offer sports stakeholders dedicated Social TV platforms. We are working together to support players, small and medium size football clubs, leagues, competitions and federations to empower their businesses by managing their own professional channels.
Are you a mid/senior Data Engineer with knowledge and commercial experience of Python, Scala, SQL, Spark? Are you passionate about technology and want to work with a cutting edge technology stack? Would you like to work for a leading inspirational organisation which will shape the future of live streaming football? We can offer you an amazing international experience and many opportunities to learn and develop in our fast growing start-up!
That sounds super exciting, what will I be doing?
You will be working in a brand new team, which is created around all data technology related requirements. The team will consist of Data Engineers and Data science. In this team, you will be:
- Responsible for designing, building and maintaining / supporting mycujoo’s data platform
- Drive technology and product improvements
- Engage with different stakeholders in mycujoo
- Share you ideas, experience and knowledge with a wider audience, both internally and externally (through blog posts, meetups, etc.)
- At least 4 years of experience
- A solid background in the fields of data processing, data warehousing and business intelligence
- Strong data engineer and have deep knowledge of at least one of: Python, Scala, Java, SQL, Apache Spark, Apache Airflow, Google Datastudio
- Value agile development in your job
- Commercial usage of Apache Kafka
- Exposure to the other Data Science/BI/Analytics tools/languages/concepts such as Tableau, Scala, Machine Learning
- Experience and knowledge of designing performant data stores
- Experience in automating build, test and release processes, preferably with continuous integration and deployment processes
- You can align yourself with our core values: respect, selflessness, commitment, humility, honesty and loyalty;
- A Competitive salary based on experience;
- Working for an awesome and fast growing start-up; New starters will enjoy substantial responsibility from day one and fantastic long-term career opportunities;
- Being part of an international team where each individual is valued;
- We empower our employees and responsibility and freedom stand central;
- Flexible working hours;
- Free Beer Friday