Robotics Software Developer
MOV.AI is creating a new ecosystem where developers, integrators and manufacturers collaborate to produce smart robots on a large scale for operation and production lines. Our unique platform decoupling H/W from S/W, simplifies R&D and field implementation processes making products affordable. MOV.AI transforms robotic arms into autonomous robots that work safely together with people and other robots in any environment at all scalable levels.
We are a silicon-valley funded startup currently expanding and looking for talented software engineers to join our R&D team at our offices in Cascais, Portugal.
MOV.AI raises $3M in seed funding to create an ‘Android for Robotics’ - check the article here.
We offer a R&D position in a highly motivated multidisciplinary team.
A competitive full-time payment negotiable based on experience; Plenty of opportunity for growth, learn and development.
We can help with visa application to people with PhD or 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Develop advanced control methods for autonomous robots using ROS
- Simulation and optimization to comply results with real robots
- Developing algorithms for vision, localization, navigation, grasping and learning
- Hardware/Software integration - Integrate robotics with associated peripherals, controllers or other equipment.
- Masters / PhD in computer science (required for VISA support) / electrical engineering / robotics / similar field
- At least 3 years of experience (5 years of experience in case of VISA support)
- Advanced Linux and ROS knowledge
- Experience with autonomous/mobile robots
- Knowledge of algorithms for localization, sensor fusion, navigation or grasping
- Advanced programming skills in C++, Python, matlab
- Deep knowledge and experience with a variety of sensors
Nice to have
- Firmware coding, Linux kernel, GPU optimization
- Option plan