Mirriad provides native advertising technology to the world's most prestigious brands. Our products create a new standard in advertising where a brand integration is an affordable, scalable ad unit running in multiple pieces of content. The resulting ads are seamless, authentic, and work across all three screens.
In 2013, an important aspect of our imaging technology won an Academy Award. We have deals with major US studios and have worked with top broadcasters in over 20 countries. We're also the chosen native ad solution for Vevo, the world’s leading all-premium music video and entertainment platform, whose videos generate over 5.5 billion monthly views globally.
We have offices in London, New York, Mumbai, Shanghai and São Paulo.
We're looking for a back-end developer to contribute to Mirriad’s platform system. Working from our London office, you'll be building and maintaining services and workflows within the system to enable us to sell and deliver ads at scale.
What you will do:
- Automation of build and deployment of Marketplace and Ad Cloud microservices
- Manage and configure our BI toolchain for delivering key reports and dashboards
- Implement new services in Python/Groovy/Java/Go, and improve upon existing services
- Routinely deliver high quality and robust services and automated tests
- Collaborate with other developers, QAs, operations and business stakeholders.
- Work in a team and sharing knowledge, being able to Pair Program with developers at different levels. Passionate discussions are encouraged.
- Help to keep our high-availability promises, by careful design and using automated deployment.
- Development of microservices in messaging-based environments
- Automation and scripting skills to undertake DevOps tasks
- BI configuration and management
- Debugging and troubleshooting of distributed systems
- Development using automated tests
- Confident in continuous refactoring and evolutionary design
- Show initiative, can-do attitude, ideally able to work at different levels on the project, from design to deployment. Be a self-starter
- Demonstrate your ability to learn, ideally have a passion for learning and being able to stay current by yourself
- Good knowledge of at least one of Python / Groovy / Java / Go, OOD, TDD, Refactoring, Messaging, HTTP, Web Applications, ReST Web Services
- Working knowledge of AWS and Docker
- Knowledge of SQL database queries
- Knowledge of working in Unix/Linux Environments
- Development in a microservices environment using Docker
- Experience in undertaking automation for DevOps tasks in scripting languages (preferably Python)
- Experience with defect tracking tools such as JIRA, Bugzilla or similar
- Can demonstrate experience and an interest in digital media applications
- Should have used version control systems, Git/Stash preferentially
Nice to have
- Experience with distributed software systems and AWS
- BI tool configuration and management
- Experience and interest in working in media or broadcast on advertising platforms or services for a content owner or agency