The No-Limits Database
MemSQL Software Engineers are at the forefront of real-time technology that’s revolutionizing how companies run their businesses every day. With release cycles throughout the year, our engineers are accustomed to moving quickly in a rapid production environment. To do this successfully, we work collaboratively and creatively across teams to maximize our opportunity for impact. We also believe it’s important to celebrate our wins together whether it be at local spot or getting out of the city for some exploring.
As a Software Engineer, you will be empowered to own your projects end-to-end and be an active contributor throughout the product life cycle. To expedite your growth path, you will partner with engineers who deeply care about your success and will lend their expertise to your professional development. Our engineers are not just technical partners but are also business partners who are exposed to all areas of the business, working with teams such as product, marketing, and sales.
Role and Responsibilities
Our Software Engineers work on small, collaborative teams to help drive our company forward. As a software engineer on the database engine team, you will have the unique benefit of building systems software in a rapid production environment with a small and collaborative team. Whether you’re increasing the runtime and performance of a MemSQL cluster, or writing new C++ code for the query optimizer, our engineers are responsible for brand new and existing projects that are deployed into production with each release. Your work will include everything from writing to testing software, and you’ll gain a significant understanding of both the product and the business.
Required Skills and Experience
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong programming skills with C/C++, particularly on Linux
- Passionate about building highly reliable software
- Firm grasp of algorithms and data structures
Nice to have
- Passion for building high-quality products that are robust and easy to maintain in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Motivation to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
Benefits & Perks
- Stock Options
- Team Offsites
- Competitive salary