At MemSQL we aren't just building a database, we are building a data platform. We believe that every company deserves a scalable, performant, reliable, and easy to use solution to their operational data needs, and the Platform Team is focused on ensuring MemSQL exceeds these requirements. Our products include a hybrid cloud control plane, real-time health monitoring, a deploy-anywhere toolchain, and a revolutionary visual dashboard. The platform team ships continuously- deployed production services as well as on-premise, offline-capable software.
As a software engineer on the Platform Team, you will have the opportunity to build software in a rapid production environment with a small and collaborative team. As our team operates in parallel on multiple features, you will have the opportunity to manage the entire lifecycle of feature development at varying levels of complexity. This includes working directly with other teams as well as customers to ensure correct and timely delivery.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop software designed to operate hands-free in MemSQL and customer infrastructures
- Innovate on software solutions to make operating MemSQL easier for internal and external customers
- Automate and test your own code to improve overall software quality
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Perform high-quality code reviews for your team members
- Build automation into database management via cloud services
- 2+ years of experience developing tools and services in a Saas environment (Go experience a plus)
- Experience working in the Linux environment along with: distributed systems, networking, file systems, software distribution
- Experience in containerization of microservices and container orchestration solutions notably Kubernetes.
- Experience with Amazon EKS, Azure AKS or Google GKE desired
- Passionate about building highly reliable services
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a similar field
- Leadership experience is a plus
Nice to have
- Passion for building high-quality products that are robust and easy to maintain in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Motivation to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
Benefits & Perks
- Stock Options
- Team Offsites
- Competitive salary