Software Engineering Manager/ DevOps
Who we are
Marley Spoon is bringing delightful, market fresh and easy cooking back to the people. Our chefs create inspiring and tasty recipes every week for our customers who can select what they would like to cook. At our fulfillment centers we build their individual meal kit with all the recipes and ingredients which then gets conveniently delivered to their doorstep.
We are a growing team of hard-working, hands-on individuals who have the common goal of creating the perfect meal kit experience for our customers. We are proud to have people who take initiative, are dedicated and are committed. We have an open and inclusive culture where you can be yourself, learn new skills and are surrounded with interesting people.
Grow with us and join our team as a Platform Engineering Manager and lead the platform team to build a reliable, scalable and secure cloud infrastructure for our application platform to run on! Our vision is to build a platform as a service for our engineers to run applications with easy to use infrastructure. This role is located in our Kreuzberg office, in a lovely, lively and culture-infused neighborhood of Berlin.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for an experienced Platform Engineering Manager to support our strong growth as a company. The successful candidate will have hands-on experience with various cloud technologies and DevOps tools. You will be managing a friendly and knowledgeable DevOps team of 4 people, that is part of a bigger technology team of around 40 engineers.
- Develop and maintain a DevOps stack with infrastructure as code (Ansible and Terraform) to support application developers.
- Migrate our existing applications to AWS services
- Build platform tooling, internal services and CI/CD pipelines to help our product development teams developer faster
- Engage with cloud providers to optimize service quality and cost
- Plan and monitor capacity, performance, security and availability of services
- Assume a lead role in shaping our infrastructure and system architecture
- This role gives you an opportunity to learn, develop and grow into more senior roles
- 7+ years experience as Software Engineer or DevOps Engineer (Ruby and Go programming experience preferable)
- 3+ years people management experience
- Practical experience and solid knowledge of cloud computing concepts and AWS services
- Hands-on experience and a broad understanding of modern technologies; Kubernetes, Kafka, Prometheus / Grafana and “ELK” logging stack for example.
- Solid networking, containerisation (Docker) and Linux system administration skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, strong client focus
- Strong observability mindset and troubleshooting skills
- Enjoy sharing knowledge and mentoring other engineers about best practices and our platform
- Eager to learn continuously and automate repetitive tasks
Nice to have
- Experience migrating complex infrastructures onto AWS
- Experience with a global infrastructure or building highly available and observable systems at scale.
- Experience with event-driven architectures and microservices
- Great technical challenges with lots of autonomy
- An open, diverse and respectful culture with over 50 nationalities
- Work in a beautiful and cozy office in the heart of Berlin
- Flexible working hours and home office
- Free meal kits delivered to your home and other cooking-related activities in the company