At Kiwi.com we are building a global flights directory, allowing customers to find and book the best and cheapest flights.
As a company, we’re young and restless. We strive for excellence in everything we do and we love to push the limits while pursuing our goal – to make traveling easy and accessible to everyone. Our offices are a well-organized chaos of people (and dogs) of various origins, with crazy hobbies, lifestyles and life approaches. Every day brings new challenges which we need to embrace in order for us to succeed in our mission.
We're growing like crazy, expecting even more. To achieve that, we want to have a great team of motivated and fun individuals, who are not scared of a challenge or of tasks they may not have encountered before. There're not enough hours in a day to progress as fast as we want.
That is why we're looking for a Python Developer to join our new tech hub in Barcelona and participate in the development of our core flight ticket search engine, which handles more than 30 million search requests per day at an industry-leading speed.
As a valued member of our team, you will be allowed to use the language/environment of your choice for new projects, and you will have a DevOps team available, to avoid having to handle hundreds of servers – or you can ship a serverless AWS Lambda architecture.
If you want to know more about the coding community behind Kiwi.com check our tech blog!
As a Python Developer at Kiwi.com you will:
- Optimize search results
- Integrate new payment processing methods
- Improve our flight ticket booking API
- Cooperate with our partners on new API integrations
- Proven in-depth experience with Python
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL and Redis
- Intermediate (or better) level of English
- A passion for what you are doing with your life
- Dedication to work sometimes odd or extended hours
- Quarterly bonuses
- Flexible working hours
- Vacation: 30 work days + 1 week of unpaid leave
- Gym membership
- Annual Kiwi.com flight credit vouchers
- Annual budget for conferences/tech events
- We also like to party and hang out together
- Quarterly team-building activities
- Weekly free breakfasts in the office
- Kiwi.com grand parties in HQ
- Kiwi bananas in the office, after-work beers, etc.
- We deploy daily right after features are finished and well tested
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast
- We decide which cutting-edge technologies are appropriate for the task
- We love contributing to and using Open Source
- We speak at conferences/tech events worldwide
- We code at hackathons and other competitions
- We care about our impact upon the world around us
- We support the local tech community