Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Porto Tech Center (PTC) is Jumia’s IT development center, with around 200 IT-specialists. Porto Tech Center was created in 2012 with the aim of focusing on IT development. At PTC, we provide you with a unique and exciting opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment and develop smart solutions for our group companies. We do e-commerce online shops, logistics, business intelligence and mobile applications, involving a wide range of high-end technologies for tens of millions customers. The software we create is present in more than 20 countries. Working at PTC means being in the first line of e-commerce development in emerging markets.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
- Design and implementation of web-based back-end components that are high-performing and scalable;
- Participate and improve development processes such as Agile, Scrum and Kanban along with strong robust coordination processes related to software release, deployment and testing.
- Excellent knowledge in Data Structure and Algorithms;
- At least 3 years of experience in Java/J2EE development with Spring framework, especially with modules such as Web, JMS, Transactions with Core Container;
- Strong experience with Maven;
- Strong experience with ORM (Hibernate) and SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL);
- A strong sense for code quality, following/defining coding guidelines and experience with Unit-Testing and SonarQube;
- Experience working with a large code-base and version systems, ideally GIT;
- Pro-activeness, team player and positive attitude;
- Adaptable, meticulous, innovative with good problem solving skills;
- Excellent English skills.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures