Lead Teacher Web Development
Ironhack is a leading Global Tech School.
Our mission is to help people transform their careers and join a thriving community of tech professionals that love what they do.
This ideology is reflected in our teaching practices, which consist of a nine-weeks immersive programming, UX/UI design or Data Analytics course as well as a one-week hiring fair aimed at helping our students change their career and get a job straight after the course. We are present in 8 countries and have campuses in 9 locations - Madrid, Barcelona, Miami, Paris, Mexico City, Berlin, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo and Lisbon.
Ironhack Key Facts:
+2,200 alumni (Ironhackers)
We are looking for a Lead Teacher for our Web Development Bootcamp in Lisbon. The key position for our bootcamp, we are looking for a developer passionate of coding, but also passionate about sharing knowledge with the next generation of developers. The Lead Teacher is someone who has a deep understanding of programming and good development practices gathered from his/her educational journey and real-world experience.
You need to be a strong communicator and very patient -- you’ll need to be able to explain abstract concepts to the future generation of developers.
The Lead instructor will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the whole academic experience of an Ironhack bootcamp (from student selection to graduation)
- Teaching at our Lisbon Campus
- Creating engaging content for our Web Development courses that may include lessons, exercises and/or mini-projects
- Managing Teaching Assistants (TA)
- Lead instructor will not need to produce the curriculum. The curriculum is developed by the global education team, so the content is read. However, all our Lead Teachers are a key piece on giving feedback to Education team in order to improve the curriculum
Expected Start date: Jan/Feb 2019
- At least 3 years of experience as a Full-stack Developer (Node, MERN stack, Hapi, Sails)
- NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, Redis)
- Web Design (Responsive HTML / CSS frameworks / jQuery)
Deep understanding of computer programming principles
Follow Engineering best practices to solve problems
Fluent in English, as the bootcamp will be taught in that language
Passion for education: although we don’t require previous formal teaching experience, we’re looking for people that enjoy teaching/mentoring others and that are involved in the coding community. We will test the passion above all!
Experience managing and keeping a team motivated. Can-do attitude and a good sense of humor.
Great communication skills, can you be engaging as a teacher? :)
Nice to have
- At least one additional object-oriented scripting languages (ruby preferred)
- SQL Databases (PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Neo4).
- Infrastructure (cloud deployment, security, devOps, performance)
- Fun, dynamic, approachable by students
- Competitive salary according to your experience and full of extra benefits!
- We are flexible and this means that besides this job, you can also work on your projects.